“Excellent wedding venue”
Review of Solsgirth House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dollar
Solsgirth House
Ranked #2 of 4 Dollar B&B and Inns
hamilton
“Excellent wedding venue”
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

My daughter was married in solsgirth house on the 7/4/13 and I can't praise the venue staff , food, rooms enough . It is a 5 * venue and fully deserves to be . I would defiantly recommend this venue .
Nothing was a bother for the staff thank you all so much x

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank shelty36
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Solsgirth House, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
What a lovely review - thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted that your daughter had her wedding at Solsgirth House at that it was an enjoyable day for everyone. I will pass on your feedback to the team who will be extremely pleased.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
SW Scotland
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I attended a wedding here in December 2012. The grounds and building are spectacular. Inside is fantastic and has been restored perfectly in line with the age of the building. The staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The wedding breakfast was one of the best meals I have ever tasted. It was fillet steak and cooked to perfection. I am disappointed that I did not stay the night as I heard the rooms were lovley. Perfect management! I cannot find a single negative. I hope to go back sometime. WELL DONE!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rubi R
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Solsgirth House, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of Solsgirth House. We were absolutely delighted to read your comments about the food, staff and what a wonderful place it is for a wedding! I look forward to sharing this great feedback with all of the team.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to one of our properties in the near future. Kind Regards Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed here for a Sportsman Dinner. The food at the dinner was fantastic - they managed to serve us all 10oz Fillet Steaks (150 diners) perfectly cooked, all at the same time! The best event catering I have ever encountered.

The hotel itself is in a lovely rural setting and would be ideal for a wedding. I will return.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sirbalkansobranie
Scotland
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

When my friend told me she was getting married here, I had never heard of it. The website was impressive with great images so I was looking forward to the wedding!
The wedding was awesome (a word I try not not to overuse). The ceremony was in this beautiful little chapel which looked onto autumnal trees
There were little reception rooms which we had drinks in which were really homely. The room we had the wedding breakfast in was beautiful, light and airy. The food was absolutely delicious. Best wedding food I've tasted for a long time. The staff were really efficient and friendly.
My fear was the bar prices would be extortionate but they really weren't!
Beautiful venue and grounds. Well done Solsgirth.
Please note I didn't stay here but the bedrooms looked amazing.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank nippysweetie2
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Having travelled from Canada to Scotland for a family wedding last weekend, I feel compelled let people know about the amazing experience we had at Solsgirth House, a beautiful venue with all the character and style of a Scottish manor house. The grounds are immaculate, the decor amazing and in keeping with the style of the house and the service and food was out of this world.

The very attentive team at Solsgirth made us feel so welcome and at home, we we lucky enough to stay in one of the magnificent bedrooms with their contemporary and luxury style! A fabulous dinner the night before the wedding was perfect and set the tone for the whole weekend. Even although the Scottish weather was 'crisp' it din't spoil a wonderful wedding and I can't wait to see the photos in the grounds around the house.

Overall, we had an amazing stay at Solsgirth and enjoyed the wedding enormously. Cannot recommend Solsgirth House enough - a magical day for our family which will be cherished forever.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank AjaxDiver
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

What a fab place! Went to a friend’s wedding at Solsgirth last month and it was fantastic – a picture perfect location, beautiful house and grounds and matched by great food and amazing service. Everyone was so helpful. Highly recommend it if you want somewhere really special for a wedding or event!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elizabeth I
edinburgh
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Wow. We visited for a birthday party and were pleasantly presented with a beautiful country mansion that feels lived in, which it has been until recently. It has been refurb'd to a high standard, and each room has its own personality. We were in room 5 which had an en-suite (not all do, but you get gowns and slippers). The rooms are large, as was our bathroom, and the bed extremely comfortable. Next door room 6 had a rolltop bath in the windowed turret! The best bit is the quirkyness of the house. It has lots of nooks and crannys and odd stairs - great for exploring! Imagine a smaller Downton Abbey :-) it would be ideal for a wedding as it has an in-house chapel, but the gardens are equally as beautiful. Staff and food were also spot on. Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank marionedin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dollar
Airth Castle & Hotel
Hotel Colessio
Hotel Colessio
#5 of 20 in Stirling
Kennels Cottage Bed & Breakfast

Been to Solsgirth House? Share your experiences!