“Gerald & Karens wedding”
Review of Solsgirth House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dollar
Solsgirth House
Ranked #3 of 4 Dollar B&B and Inns
Troon, United Kingdom
“Gerald & Karens wedding”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I would like to comment on the outstanding weekend we all had, as the mother of the groom I can only say the service, staff, bedrooms were all beyond expectations. We all felt as were having it all in our own home, but only on a bigger scale, the attention to detail is very obvious because nothing is too much bother. If you are thinking of a wedding venue look no further as you would be hard pushed to find a superior hotel. I cant rave and rate Solsgirth high enough. Thanks again to all involved hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: all rooms were spacious , beds amazing
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eileen W

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Alloa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Fabulous Party Night - Food great, Excellent DJ and the staff were amazing. Bar Service was first class and the Bar Staff were very efficient. Staff are an asset to the Company. Will definitely be back in 2014.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Solsgirth House, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
What a lovely review – thank you for your kind comments regarding your party night at Solsgirth House Hotel. We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your party night. I will pass on your kind comments regarding the bar team and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO, Aurora Hotel Collection
Alloa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I recently attended a party night at what can only be described as one of the most beautiful venues in Scotland.
The staff were fabulous and greeted us all with a warm welcome at the beginning of the evening and a friendly goodbye when we were leaving.
The food was fabulous and piping hot despite being a carvery.
Drinks were flowing to the table and nothing was too much to ask off the staff. Entertainment was wonderful, DJ had everyone up dancing from the beginning of the night right up until 1am.
I cannot wait to return to this hotel in the near future and would highly recommend to anyone.
Staff are an asset to Aurora Hotel company.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your party night at Solsgirth House Hotel. I was delighted to read that your party night was brilliant and that you enjoyed every aspect of the evening. I will pass on your kind comments to the team at Solsgirth House and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got married at Solsgirth House on 7th April last year and had the most perfect day. We had visited the house on a few occasions before booking. Worried about finding the prefect venue for our day we sat with Angela - our wedding coordinator - to discuss exactly what we wanted for our big day and options that were available to us. Nothing was a problem. We booked with no hesitation.

On the lead up to our wedding day Angela was in touch to confirm all the final details. My husband and I had many requests which Angela ensured were met to how we had asked.

The day itself was amazing. Staff friendly but professional and all of our needs were met. Everything ran to time and the service was fantastic. Staff were discreet and although helpful and always to hand, they did not interfere in our day allowing us to enjoy it with our family and friends.

We got married in the gorgeous Ballroom and had our meal here also. The turnaround was done quickly and discreetly. The evening reception moved to the marquee. Staff moved our extremely heavy cake and centrepieces down to the marquee in time for the evening guests arriving, ensuring that it looked as planned. When I walked in I was amazed at just how gorgeous this was. It's hard to visualise the room when viewing, without your own finishing touches but when complete with table and chair covers, centrepieces etc we were delighted with it!

Being a bit of a worrier I was naturally anxious about how the day was going to go but as it turned out I definitely didn't need to be! We were delighted that our guests raved about the venue, rooms, service and amazing food. This just confirmed that our decision to have our special day at Solsgirth was the right one!

Many thanks to Angela, Jan and the fantastic Solsgirth House staff for ensuring our day ran perfectly at this beautiful venue!

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sfleming7
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Solsgirth House, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
What a lovely review – thank you for your kind comments regarding your wedding at Solsgirth House Hotel. Congratulations to you both and we hope you had a perfect day. I was very pleased to read that up to your wedding and on the day you found all of our team at Solsgirth House very helpful and friendly. I will pass your kind comments on to Jan and her team and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you both back again.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO, Aurora Hotel Collection
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We attended and thoroughly enjoyed my sister-in-law's wedding. The food was amazing (nom nom) and the extra choreographed service the top table got was fantastic. Well done tree 1990 for finding this place!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were unlucky enough to attend a winter wedding at Solsgirth House which was held in the main part of the house and then on to the Marquee for the evening event. There is a poorly designed, badly lit sloping random textured slab walk way which extends from the main building car park to the marquee which is totally exposed to the elements and as such, freezes over in winter crosswinds .LADIES TAKE NOTE: whilst this a cheap fix for the hotel, IT IS A TOTAL NIGHTMARE TO NAVIGATE IN LONG DRESSES AND HIGH HEELS and It also incorporates a loose fitting domestic grade drainage grating which my girlfriends hi-heel got trapped in and almost decked her as it lifted up from it's base and tripped her. She was forced to walk the remaining distance in sleet and slush in her bare feet. I presented the trapped shoe and grating to the marquee staff who made no apology as they handed back the freshly twisted ruined shoe. It was a typical Scottish winter night and because the walk way is not covered, the entire wedding party got soaked making it's way to the marquee and we all spent the next few hours drying out. If your a smoker it's even worse as there is no practical canopy provision in front of the marquee. I can tell you that the red wine was colder than the beer that night. To the marquee staff duty manager: In some countries, Dm's, bar and waiting staff consider their employment as a profession in which they strive to achieve customer satisfaction. After talking to you I can say the words "customer" and "service" should seldom be put together while you are on duty.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank alan m
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Solsgirth House, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
As you can imagine I was very disappointed to read the review of your experience at Solsgirth House Hotel. At the Aurora Hotel Collection, we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service, therefore I am extremely concerned that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com. Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection.
Scotland
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I attended my friends wedding here earlier in the year. The venue is absolutely beautiful, the staff are so attentive and the location is great. From the moment we arrived the staff were so helpful, making sure we had drinks and offering us canapés. The venue itself is stunning with beautiful photo opportunities. My friend had her reception in the marquee behind the house and was amazing. The food for the meal was delicious and the whole day ran smoothly because of the staff. I would definitely consider this place as my own wedding venue as it was so beautiful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dollar
Airth Castle & Hotel
Hotel Colessio
Hotel Colessio
#4 of 20 in Stirling
Tigh Ur Bed and Breakfast

Been to Solsgirth House? Share your experiences!