“excellent stay again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dalbeattie
Gorsebank Camping Village
“excellent stay again”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just got home from an excellent 3 night stay again at gorsebank . This time we stayed in the larger of the 2 bothies rather than the wigwam we stayed in this time last year . Superb from start to finish . We originally intended to just mountain bike but took Saturday off to go fishing instead and a great time was had by all AGAIN . Will definitely stay here again . Mark .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a two night stay in a jumbo pod. Having been pestered to go camping and flatly refusing ( I like my creature comforts) I relented and decided to have a go at glamping, camping with more creature comforts than a tent : ) Wow what a find, gorse bank has all different types of glamping accommodation, jumbo pods, posh pods ( with hot tub) wigwams, and timber tents. Plenty of privacy (only two pods to an area) fire pit, BBQ area and picnic table per pod. Shower block, community washer/dryer, kitchen area and storage facility for bikes. Plenty of things to do on the camp site, mountain biking, equestrian, fishing or just chilling. Had fab time, not long enough though : ( would Deffo go back, go on give it a go, it's in a stunning part of Scotland, dark skies at night reveal a glittery blanket of stars to watch by the fire pit, BLISS.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol J
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

At short notice I had a weekend free and fancied taking the mountain bike up to tackle a few more of the 7 Stanes trails. Usually I'm happy to pitch a tent - but having stumbled across Gorsebank and seeing their Timber Tents I decided to book myself in and head on up.

Arriving on site I was given a warm reception and a quick overview of the site, passed my keys and off I went.

The 'Tent' is in a great location in amongst the trees and looking over the surrounding forests. You share the location with another tent, but theres enough room to be more than comfortable in your own space if you so wish. With a heater, light and power inside and more than enough space for a double blow-up bed and a couple of people the tent is brilliantly comfy. Outside you have a decked area, BBQ stand (bring your own BBQ) and a stones throw away is a fire pit.

The site facilities are plentiful - warm, clean shower blocks, toilets, kitchen area, drying room and large secure bike storage. Theres also basics, including fresh farm eggs, milk and fire wood available from the farmhouse.

All of these things made for an excellent stay in very comfortable conditions. A great location for the local 7 Stanes and only a short drive to the town if you need to venture there.

I thoroughly recommend a stay at Gorsebank and shall be returning again this year. My next trip will be with the girlfriend and we will be trying the larger cabins complete with hot-tub.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Only booked here because our first choice site was full. Glad we did though as Gorsebank turned out to be an excellent find. We camped with our own tent (friends also pitched next to us) in an area where the ground was pretty bumpy and on a slight slope (couldn"t find a totally flat bit) but not so bad you couldn't sleep or set up properly.
We had a lovely view across the farm towards the woods and hills surrounding the site. I worried the farm might be too smelly but this wasn't the case. On site facilities were great - covered kitchen area with various utensils for use, clean shower block and toilets.
Great biking trails nearby with various difficult levels - some require hardwall tyres as you navigate numerous boulders and rock faces as three punctures slowed our progress at times. My wife struggled around the easiest trail with a step over hybrid - you'll need a mountain bike for most of the trails.
Re the pods - I heard somebody say they were too warm and the door had to be left open. The hot tubs are also heated by a wood burner so not sure how hot they actually get.
In summary, a great site that's clean with good facilities in an excellent location. Will definitely return.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We recently stayed in a 'Posh Pod' for one night. There was just the two of us aged 24. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we hired the gas bbq and hot tub for our stay. The site and toilets/shower blocks were clean. The family who ran the site were absolutely lovely and couldn't do enough for us and were helpful with things we needed. They definitely take care and put the customer first.

We didn't think there would be much to do when we got there but an information booklet was provided with plenty of activities... We wish we had stayed two nights!

We expected the pod to be cold inside during the night but it was warm enough to not need the heater on.

The website doesn't do it justice. We couldn't fault a thing!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Recently stayed in the posh pods with a group of 6 for my boyfriends birthday. All aged 24-45, was just for a relaxing night away and was enjoyed whilst there. We payed £12 for a BBQ to use which we cooked our dinner and breakfast before we left on. 2 days after we had left, I got an email saying we had damaged the BBQ. I was shocked as this was completely news to me as there was no misuse whatsoever. To be accused of damaging something when you know you haven't is bad enough, but when they take a payment of £45 from your bank without permission and without even consulting makes it 10x worse. I feel I have been violated, lied to, and disrespected. It's clear they were only out for the money. Would never return to somewhere who takes someone's money without purpose. Rediculous. Wouldn't recommend unless you enjoy being ripped off.

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Shaneorge
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

First time glamper...stayed two nights in a jumbo pod (Rowan) an it was very enjoyable. picturesque setting situated on a farm, with very welcoming, helpful, hospitable owners. The pod was more than i was expecting...surprisingly comfortable bed, mini fridge, and kettle, and it was clean and tidy. A gas barbecue was provided for £15 for the duration of the stay, and fire wood, fire starters (etc) can be purchased from the owners for the fire pit outside the pod which late at night when lit is very nice. Perfect cycle tracks for all levels 5 minutes down the road. I will be doing glamping again...Gorsebank is highly recommended,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulDM1986
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dalbeattie
Imperial Hotel
#1 of 5 in Dalbeattie
Rosemount Guest House
Rosemount Guest House
#1 of 4 in Kippford

Been to Gorsebank Camping Village? Share your experiences!