“Superb”

Campbell's Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Scottish
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow
“Superb”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I went here with some colleagues from England for an evening meal.
We all had seafood starters which was sensible due to the harbour location meaning the daw ingredients were fresh. I started with smoked salmon followed by scampi and prawn provensalle which was delicious. My colleagues had crab, sole and mussels which were all enjoyed.
Although there was a large party of teachers on a night out, the service was excellent and didn't suffer at all. Staff were pleasant and eager to help. One thing I would say that as the weather was lovely, we sat outside but one of my friends got savaged by midges so unless you want to be eaten alive, inside May be the better option.

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Great sea food restaurant”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Lovely harbour side restaurant which serves lovely local seafood to a high standard. We asked for a romantic table and were put onto a table which overlooked the small port area. Food was superb, well cooked very tasty and served promptly.

1 Thank Gary E
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best Fish and Chips ever!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I visited Portpatrick for the first time. We walked round to the lighthouse and were were starting to feel a bit peckish. We notice this restaurant Campbell's just opposite overlooking the bay and thought this will do! We studied the menu and were spoiled for choice as everything sounded good. In the end I ordered Fish of the Day which was Seabass accompanied with salad and chips. My husband ordered Haddock and chips. We weren't expecting anything amazing but this lunch was definitely memorable as it was the best fish and chips we've ever had. The chips were handcut that morning and were so good I ordered another bowl. Very unusual for me I have to say! We also had a great cup of coffee to follow. Defiantly going back to repeat the experience as not only was Portpatrick a great place but so was Campbell's.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Addie14
Castle Douglas, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Food was excellent. Obviously being in the harbour area the speciality is sea food. Surf and Turf had beautifully cooked half lobster with fillet steak. However, the lamb was just as good.

1 Thank Duncan G
Stranraer, United Kingdom
“sunny days”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

had a lovely mid week lunch with friends at Campbells.best to book during holiday season but we managed to get in no problems. two course lunch for a very reasonable price, table set nicely and service very good. i am a fan of seafood so was delighted with the menu which was full of locally sourced seafood dishes. will definately be back

• Visited May 2014