Fabulous location, excellent accommodation, fantastic food and friendly, experienced staff.
The grounds are well kept and the small beach area is a bonus. The hotel is spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We stayed in "The Glen" (standard room) - it was spacious and very comfortable. We'd give it 9.09 out of 10 - the .01 being deducted for the lack of background music which, of course, is not necessary but would have been nice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Knockinaam Lodge is an extended Victorian house set in an idyllic cove with its own pebble beach surrounded by 30 acres of delightful grounds and was the location for a meeting between Churchill and General Eisenhower in World War II. Today, a warm welcome is assured from the proprietors and their committed team, and much emphasis is placed on providing a sophisticated but intimate home-from-home experience. There are just ten individually designed suites and our award wining restaurant provides a daily-changing four-course set menu which showcases the best local produce available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Knockinaam Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knockinaam Hotel Portpatrick
- Knockinaam Lodge Portpatrick, Scotland