We came here to round off a week holidaying in the Highlands and it didn't disappoint. The house and grounds are beautiful with great coastal walk from the hotel. Private beach for swimming and fab views to Ireland.
But best of all were the dinners. Last night's highlights were slow cooked beef - essentially Chateaubriand - melt in mouth, asparagus soup with truffle oil, a cleansing palate drink of freshly squeezed red grapes and to finish it off a parfait of strawberries. Heaven!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Knockinaam Lodge is an extended Victorian house set in an idyllic cove with its own pebble beach surrounded by 30 acres of delightful grounds and was the location for a meeting between Churchill and General Eisenhower in World War II. Today, a warm welcome is assured from the proprietors and their committed team, and much emphasis is placed on providing a sophisticated but intimate home-from-home experience. There are just ten individually designed suites and our award wining restaurant provides a daily-changing four-course set menu which showcases the best local produce available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Odigeo, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Knockinaam Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knockinaam Hotel Portpatrick
- Knockinaam Lodge Portpatrick, Scotland