We have been guests at Knockinaam Lodge about ten times over the last nine years. We have never been disappointed with our stay. On every occasion the service, hospitality, accommodation and food has been delightful, equally if not more enjoyable than establishments with higher accreditation.
At dinner there is no choice with regard to menu options as the hotel presents a taster menu with additional surprise courses. We find that this allows the chefs talents to be focused on producing a memorable dining experience. The menu and additional surprise courses change each day. Our experience was that the staff asked at the time of booking if we had any dietary requirements or dislikes. Whenever there is a item on the menu that you have short listed an alternative is offered in its place. Our acceptance of this is always confirmed. I was very impressive during our most recent visit to the hotel that our specific dietary requirement had been remembered / recorded. It is some years since I had mentioned this particular dislike to the hotel staff. There is obviously a good diary system working in the back ground.
We have found some dishes during dinner more memorable than others. It is impossible to please all people all of the time. However some of the most enjoyable food we have experienced has been prepared by Tony and his chefs. Some may think portions are small. In our experience we leave the table with a little room to spare and are able to rest comfortably satisfied.
One improvement I would suggest is the availability of recommend wines by the glass with each individual course, rather than house wines by the glass or a full bottle.
Breakfast is equably memorable with home made bread and muffins. Even the marmalade is home made. Perfection.
Looking forward to our next visit to Knockinnam Lodge in November to cellebrate the hotels 20th anniversary of continuously holing a Michelin Star
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Knockinaam Lodge is an extended Victorian house set in an idyllic cove with its own pebble beach surrounded by 30 acres of delightful grounds and was the location for a meeting between Churchill and General Eisenhower in World War II. Today, a warm welcome is assured from the proprietors and their committed team, and much emphasis is placed on providing a sophisticated but intimate home-from-home experience. There are just ten individually designed suites and our award wining restaurant provides a daily-changing four-course set menu which showcases the best local produce available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Knockinaam Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knockinaam Hotel Portpatrick
- Knockinaam Lodge Portpatrick, Scotland