“Good enough for me”
Review of Powfoot Golf Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Powfoot
Powfoot Golf Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Powfoot
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Good enough for me”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

After working in Glasgow, I was just looking for a one night stop to break up the journey. The Powfoot was perfect, I stayed in room 31, which was situated in a separate annex, huge bathroom and excellent shower. Bed was comfy. Food served in the bar was really nice, and breakfast was ok. Staff were busy, but that's not their fault and some of the guest were complaining about not having toast etc, but it was no big deal. The lack of working Wifi seemed to be a problem, but I managed to log on in the bar, but struggled anywhere else. No Wifi or Mobile phone reception in the rooms, which is not the Hotels fault. Will definitely stay there again, the views and scenery definitely are a bonus.

Room Tip: Rooms 30, 31 & 32 are situated in the outside Annex and appear to have been recently refurbished...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Empi5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We spent last weekend in Powfoot for our wedding, and have had the best time ever. 21 of us stayed and we were all made to feel so welcome. Ellen has been fabulous and helped so much with our reception which was held here. The food was delicious, our rooms were all clean and nice. We were lucky enough to have gorgeous weather too and no one wanted to leave. I know we will definitely be returning.
Thank you so much to all the staff.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank V1ckyxoxo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My daughter, husband, sister and myself spent a lovely weekend at the Powfoot Golf Hotel nothing was a bother for the staff the food was delicious, plenty of it, at breakfast and dinner. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, couldn't have asked for more. It was my was my birthday while we were there, the manageress Ellen surprised me with a bottle of champagne...where else would I get service like that. It was a wonderful surprise. All in all we had a wonderful weekend, great value for money. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 102Janet
London
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Me and my family travelled to the powfoot hotel for my aunties wedding which was in Gretna green, the reception was held at the powfoot we were all staying there for two nights. When we arrived the reception service was average but when me and my boyfriend got to our room it was very poor it was really small you could hardly move in the bathroom and compared to what my parents and brother had it was not worth the money. We were not prepared to pay the same price so we went down to reception to try and compromise fortunately they were more than happy to move us, we got a bigger room with a lovely bathroom it was number 32 which was situated outside although it could of done with a really good clean it was better than what we had before. At breakfast the staff seemed rushed off their feet even though they only had about 7 tables to wait on (dread to think what they would be like it they were busy) there was never any orange juice lots of people were asking for it and it never come out, all the orders were messed up both mornings and our breakfast and toast took 40minutes to come the toast was freezing cold and some of my family's cooked breakfast came out unfinished. On my brothers plate all he got was a sausage, beans, tomato, mushrooms, no has browns, egg, bacon or potato cakes he couldn't be bothered to complain as he waited 40minutes and the staff were quite blunt and rude! we never received our pot of tea even though we asked twice for it! After we got back from the wedding which was about half 6 you would think the hotel staff would have got everything ready for the reception but it was not, we all ended up sitting down for our meal about 7.45pm so 150 guests waiting in reception was a lot of people and couldn't of been nice for other hotel guests! In the evening there was one person running the bar in our room and the main bar so we had to wait ages to get a drink. The only upside is the hotel had a lovely view but overall the powfoot hotel needs a complete refurbishment! And needs to employ MORE staff so they are not relaying on 3people running the whole hotel! I will not be staying here again as it was not worth the money and more than likely would never recommend it either.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Abi03
Ryde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We were impressed by the level of service at the Powfoot. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone had a smile on their face. The room was comfortable and well appointed. The two dinners we had in the hotel were excellent and fairly priced: in the light of this we were slightly disappointed at the range of cereals and juices on offer at breakfast. (No complaints about the cooked items).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kay327
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We have to comment on this hotel as it was so much more than we expected. The welcome was a warm and friendly as the open fire which kept us warm in sub-zero temperatures. We stayed here for a couple of nights whilst a family member got married at Gretna Green. The rooms were clean, tidy and very comfortable. We also had our wedding breakfast in the hotel which was really lovely. The staff could not do enough for us and even when we asked for something that was not quite on the menu, they still managed to deliver it.

A great stay, beautiful area and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pocket Rocket B
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We got married at nearby Comlongon Castle on 26 January 2013 and ourselves and 11 of our guests stayed here on 25 and 26 January 2013.

From the moment we arrived, the service was excellent. All staff were professional and polite. The food throughout was first class. Nothing was too much trouble. I was a nervous wreck on the day of the wedding and Ellen very kindly took over the decorating of the tables and made them look far better than I ever could.

There were two young children in our party and they were made to feel as welcome as the adults even though they were quite excitable!

There was heavy snow coupled with bright sunshine and this made the views amazing over the Solway.

Some of our guests loved it so much they stayed for an additional night!

In short, we loved it and intend to return again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view over the Solway. Also the lounge upstairs is great for sitting in and...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank EH1972
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powfoot
The Corner House Hotel
Greens at Gretna
Greens at Gretna
#2 of 5 in Gretna
Smiths at Gretna Green Hotel

Been to Powfoot Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!