“Pleasant”

Ranked #7 of 24 Stranraer B&B and Inns
Sussex Inlet, Australia
“Pleasant”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Friendly checkin and taken up to our room, which was on the small side but had everything you could want. Eveything was sparkling clean and looked nice.

We were given good advice on where we might find a nice dinner, got lost and found a local hotel, which was fairly basic, but we were well looked after.

Breakfast was served at a time of our request as we had to catch the ferry from Cairnryan. Nicely cooked and far too much food, just couldn't fit it all in !

We met the children of the house as they were off to school and both were pleasant, well adjusted young people...we hope they succeed in what they plan to do in life.

Thanks to all the family for a pleasant stay

1 Thank autumn19
LANDKD, Owner at Fernlea Guest House, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review. I am delighted to know that your experience has been a success and I will happily share your comments with the children. I look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the not to distant future.

regards
Lynn Drysdale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Selkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2011

It began badly for both Lynn the proprietor and myself. I arrived at 6.30pm and Lynn wasn't expecting me - this was not her fault - my company had booked the wrong date! Despite the fact that Lynn was making dinner for her family she did have one room left and got me settled in no time at all. The room was spacious clean well presented and comfortable. The ensuite bathroom was large and spotless. Lynn got me hooked up to her free WiFi and gave me advice on local restaurants for dinner. Parking was great, off street to the rear of the premises which gives you the security you need in a town centre location. Breakfast had a nice wee twist offering Haggis rather than black pudding! Would happily stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank David M
LANDKD, Owner at Fernlea Guest House, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Guest,
What a lovely review! I am delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us enough to take the time to say such nice things.
I look forward to greeting you the next time you are here.

kind regards
Lynn Drysdale
Gisborne, Australia
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I stayed at the Fernlea Guest House, because it was so convenient to the ferry terminal, what I was rewarded with was a beautifully appointed room and an extremely comfortable bed "like sleeping in a cocoon", I noted when I arrived in Stranraer that the Stena Line Ferry terminal is relocating to Cairnryan in November, this is less than a ten minute drive from Stranraer. So Fernlea is still a perfect choice for ferries to Belfast.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Micannjon
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 16 September 2011

It began with a very warm, friendly from Lynn and Kenny and just got better. The rooms were tasteful, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The service was excellent and although we only stayed overnight, we would have no hesitation in returning for longer or in recommending to friends.
The house is very convenient for the ferries, breakfast was very good and all in all it was a great pleasure to stay there.

2 Thank Tonyjev
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Hi,
I would like to say how much my wife and i enjoyed our stay in this lovely home, we stayed only for 1 night on the way to Ireland in our classic jaguar xk140, when we arrived it was raining and kenny allowed us to use his garage which was most welcomed. the hospitality was exellent as was the accomodation and the breakfast. will be back and we owe you both a drink.
Thanks again.
john and Lez.

1 Thank johnxk140
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We arrived here after a long trip to a really welcoming arrival, a room that smelled of fresh laundry and a great bathroom with lovely soft towels.

What more could you want,

oh yes a fab breakfast and a lovely hosts who even waved us onto the boat would be my first choice if I was travelling through here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SarahandGraham
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My daughter and I were welcomed by hosts Lynn and Kenny upon arrival. Lynn has that gift of making one feel like a friend instantly.
We were immediately struck by the home's lovely decor and cleanliness.
Our hosts' attention to even tiny details made us feel cared for. Comfortable bed.
Traditional Scottish breakfast served and was delicious !
They offered to and drove us to
train station in the morning.
Thank you Lynn and Kenny.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Laurenbelieves
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stranraer
North West Castle Hotel
#2 of 24 in Stranraer
Thornbank House
Thornbank House
#1 of 24 in Stranraer

Been to Fernlea Guest House? Share your experiences!