“Excellent accommodation”

Glaisnock House
Ranked #3 of 7 Wigtown B&B and Inns
“Excellent accommodation”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

The first time I stayed at the B&B was with my husband. We were warmly greeted by one of the owners, Carl, who kindly carried our luggage to our room.
We stayed in a double room with en-suite, it was excellent, and it had everything we needed, but we were told if we needed anything, just to ask.

We were told where the café was for our breakfast & the wide variety of options – a great choice of food.

Our stay was delightful.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

I only had a short stay BUT the B&B/cafe was clean, owners/staff were friendly & helpful - you are treated like an old friend :0) The food was beautiful - you can't beat homemade meals!! Good value for money.
A lovely little town, beautiful on a sunny day! Would definetly go back again!

• Stayed May 2013
Ballarat
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I was greeted with a warm friendly welcome after riding 4hrs to get to Wigtown. The owner made me feel relaxed and welcomed. A great first impression.
My room was amazing. Much better than what I was expecting. I have stayed in 4 star hotel rooms that weren't as nice as this. The bed was super comfortable and I didn't want to get out of it in the morning.
The owner is an amazing cook who was willing to cater to any of my requests.
I had some spare time to fill and was offered plenty of suggestions of sights and things to see and do.
I will be coming back to this little gem. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed at this guesthouse in October 2012. It’s great value and the service was extremely friendly. Breakfast was great and the room was very comfortable, though the ensuite was a little cramped. However, for the price one couldn’t complain. If you’re staying in this area we recommend this guesthouse

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

A lovely little town, beautiful on a sunny day! Would definetly go back again!

• Stayed May 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I ventured into Wigtown from Glasgow after years of thinking about visiting our book town. I decided on Glaisnock Cafe for Lunch. Greeted by the very likeable owner Stephanie, quite busy atmosphere but still friendly and enjoyable. I was invited to try the 'new' cosy cafe room. Great comfortable seating. I opted for homemade soup and sandwich of the day. The soup Brocolli and Stilton was mouth watering and really warming. Overall lovely experience, made me decide to book a weekend later int he year to enjoy the bookshops in full. I was very unrushed in a nice clean environment, homemade food that was worth driving for and not expensive. I look forward to staying in your B&B later this year and meeting your family.

Room Tip: I viewed rooms ready for trip in August, rooms on front have a lovely view of the town square/garden...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Scotland
Reviewed 17 April 2013

After a six hour drive we were warmly greeted by Stephanie, the new owner of the Glaisnock. Two of my friends and I stayed for two nights in the family room. Very comfortable double bed and two singles. The room was chilly when we arrived but soon warmed up. We had our own en-suite which was great for the three of us. The only downside of this room was the smell coming from the kitchen. Unfortunately the cooking oil can be smelt in the room.

We were given a complimentary tea or coffee when we arrived. We also had evening on the first night which is a great option. Breakfast was fantastic. Selection of juices and cereal to begin and a variety of hot breakfasts. Two of us had a the full works first morning. This was two rashers of bacon, 2 sausages, haggis, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and fried egg. Endless toast and tea. My other friend had porridge both mornings which was lovely. The second morning we had eggs on toast, lighter for the journey home!

The B&B is right in the centre of Wigtown with ample parking.

The Glaisnock is under new management and with some of the ideas Stephanie has, will make this lovely B&B a little gem.

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wigtown
Creebridge House Hotel
#1 of 5 in Castle Douglas
No photo provided
Craft Hotel
#4 of 7 in Wigtown

Been to Glaisnock House? Share your experiences!