“So many books..”
Review of The Book Shop

The Book Shop
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Wigtown
More attraction details
Owner description: We don't serve soup. Or seafood platter.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Right in the centre of the town, a traditional book shop in an interesting old property. A huge election of books, laid out by subject in a series of rooms. We didn't find any bargains but you may be luckier. Well worth a browe.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wonderfully atmospheric book browsing space...with very wide range all beautifully ordered. The spaces for browsing and storing are all very original with comfortable reading spaces interspersed...I loved all the hand painted quotes dotted about. Memorable

4  Thank shelagh c
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've started getting into reading a bit more so when visiting Scotland with a friend she
expressed great delight in showing me this book shop!
It was awesome! Like a little cave of books! I think had I stayed longer I would of bought a lot more books! It's just so wonderful! there must be a book on everything! and I love all the sherlock books and found tonnes in minutes! awesome!

5  Thank Ginger_10221
Reviewed 20 May 2014

If you cant find a book you want anywhere else in the world, it will probably be here. I pop in whenever I'm up that way (my parents live just outside of the town) and a word of warning, its pretty hectic when book week is on!

2  Thank Anna E
Reviewed 17 April 2014

You name it and they have a book on it! Once in leave a trail of breadcrumbs because you could get lost in L-space. I take my car to be serviced in Wigtown and claim that this is expensive because I always end up spending more in this shop!

1  Thank thamesdittonish