“Nice atmosphere.”

The Glaisnock Cafe
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Wigtown
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dine in our relaxed book themed cafe /restaurant in the heart of Scotland's national book town
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Only a small restaurant, but the service was good and the food tasty. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. Was attached to a small hotel/pub. Had books and pictures for sale.

2  Thank jetsaver
There are newer reviews for The Glaisnock Cafe

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stopped here on a cycle ride and had their crumpets, totally loved them, could have eaten a whole plateful

1  Thank paolomarshall
Reviewed 29 November 2013

A friendly welcome awaits you (and your children) at the Glaisnock Café. As you walk through the door it feels refreshingly different to many other cafe's, it is clean, bright and inviting. More than likely your order will be taken by one the owners, who will expand on the menu details if you need be careful with any dietary restrictions. On our two visits we tried a few of the items on the menu, my favourite was the full breakfast, but all respective meals or snacks we consumed were delicious. A lot to be said for homemade meals especially when they are reasonably priced. We will be calling again the next time we are passing.

1  Thank John J
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Visited several times with others or on my own for meals or just to relax with a cup of real coffee. Atmosphere is relaxing and interesting with art displays. You can choose to sit at a standard table, high stools watching the world out the window or down low on the comfy sofas. Food is good and service is very friendly and efficient.

2  Thank PaulMBannister
Reviewed 28 November 2013

After visiting family in Scotland we decided to stop at the Glaisnock Cafe for a substantial meal before a long journey home.
We had a warm welcome from the waitress & a choice of sitting in the cosy cafe or table & chairs in the cafe, we chose the table & chairs as we knew we were going to choose a big meal.
The place was very clean, tidy & bright, lots of books to have a look at & buy, along with beautiful paintings.
My partner & I both chose the Chili, he had garlic bread with his & the waitress very kindly said I could have crusty bread as I told her I don't like garlic bread. My fella had a posh coffee served in a cafeteria, which he loved & I had a soft drink.
The Chili was delicious, could defiantly tell it was homemade, so many flavors & a good portion for the price - splendid!!
We had another drink before leaving as we wanted to let our food digest before the long drive. We decided to purchase a piece of home made Victoria sponge cake each for a tea break on the way home. It was mouth watering & perked up the journey home for us!!
The Glaisnock Cafe is definitely becoming my 'regular' when I visit family in Scotland!
Would 100% recommend.