“Great find”

Invergarry Hotel Brasserie
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Invergarry
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A relaxed and Informal Traditional 4 Star Country Inn nestled in the entrance to Glengarry. The Brasserie is attached to the Invergarry Hotel is open to the public, we are a very busy wee place so booking a table for dinner is always advised. Our Brasserie serves Fresh & Local Produce that is cooked to order and is a relaxed and informal dining experience. We have an excellent range of Wines, Ales & Malt Whiskies to choose from. Roaring Log Wood Burners and superb hospitality from our very friendly team. A place to unwind & make yourself at home, we are a fantastic stop off point for touring the Highlands of Scotland with a combination of warm & clean public areas, good facilities, excellent food & great hospitality.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We found this driving back from Skye to Fort William. Very friendly staff. We ordered the steak and venison. Both very good. My husband still raves abut the best steak in Scotland!!

5  Thank Dianne4travel

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stopped here for coffee on the way from Skye to Fort William. Immediately obvious that this place is a tourist trap exploiting its position on a route with few watering holes. Refused to pay outrageous prices, £9 for a baguette!! Left without ordering food. I could not recommend.

3  Thank TedSManchester
invergarryhotel, Owner at Invergarry Hotel Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Keep driving Ted

Reviewed 21 June 2014

That is what the advert says but found it a little under that, Steak was 22 quid and really was just steak, a tomato and a huge pile of hand cut chips. I was fortunate to have taken the chillds portion of haddock which again was served with a huge portion of chips and a few over peppered peas. But at least that was only 6.95.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Ridiculously high prices and poor service. Give this one a pass and go to town,

HAMBURGER/bun/processed shredded lettuce, chips for £12 and 0.95£ for a little shredded chedar........

Fish and chips for 14£........

4  Thank Chip L

Hey "Chip" from Idaho

So nice of you to pay us a visit from the USA and share with us the joys of your holidays and the good times you are clearly having in Scotland.

You mean that delicious Homemade Chef's Scotch Beef Burger made from hand reared Scotch Beef freshly prepared by our Chef served on Focaccia Bread with a large portion of Handcut Chips , fresh crisp salad and Homemade Tomato Sauce - do you mean that burger ?

and the Beer Battered West Coat Haddock, served with Homemade Tartare Sauce, Buttered Peas & Handcut Chips - the one thats often commented on as a "whale and chips" and has customers returning time and time again for - that one ?

Your right Chip ! - awful - how dare we serve such food

I mean really - we should be throwing out some cheap frozen hamburgers for £5 each

Your so right ! - quick change the menu !!

Frozen chips for Chip !!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I used the Invergarry Hotel for evening dinning in March 2014 while staying nearby. The menu at the time had only about 4 choices of main course, none of which were Gluten Free (GF). I explained to the staff that I needed to eat GF and received very little help. The following day I went to Morrison's in Fort William to but the ingredients to make my own dinner. When I returned in May 2014 I came prepared with my own food. I would have spent in the order of £200 during both visits but they lost out due to their inability to deal with my dietary requirements. I would recommend giving this place a wide berth if you have Coeliac disease.

3  Thank Ian H
invergarryhotel, Owner at Invergarry Hotel Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

We cater for a lot of people who have varied dietary requirements.

In terms of Glutton free we have 3 options on our starter menu, 5 options on our Mains, 6 options on our lunch menu and also after for glutton free bread and rolls, side orders and deserts.

We have a detailed menu indicating all of these options on request detailing which dish is suitable to who and its contents, should a customer have dietary requirements. This I believe is the correct way for a restaurant to provide a service to all.

In the winter our menu significantly reduces as trade reduces as we are in the main tourism driven, yet always keep options open and in particular in the winter the Chef would happily cater for special requests and needs that a customer may have, as he has more time at that time of year.

I'm sorry sir, however all you had to do was ask ................. an easier task than the time it took you to write this review in fact.