One of the best places my husband and I have ever stayed at. The service is attentive but unobtrusive. The accommodation is posh yet homely. The food was savoury. Lots of areas for relaxation: the lounge with a fireplace and the library. Also, the nearby area is stunningly beautiful and allows safe and scenic hiking. Needless to say the whole setting is absolutely breathtaking. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. If we are ever in Scotland again, we would definitely like to come back.
PS We weren’t travelling by car to and from the hotel, so the staff offered to give us a lift both ways to the nearest bus stop. It was very kind of them, and the man who provided us with this kind service even refused to take a tip.
Ultimate grade: A+++
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glengarry Castle Hotel is a comfortable country house hotel with a jewel of a setting on the shores of Loch Oich at the heart of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland. Great touring base, stay for a few days and explore the Highlands - 7 miles from Loch Ness, 40 miles south of Inverness, 25 miles north of Fort William and just 50 miles to the Isle of Skye. Set in 60 acres, well away from the road, lots of local walks. Free WiFi in every bedroom and public areas. Family run for over 50 years. The building has not been extended and there is no annexe, all bedrooms are in the original house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Glengarry Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glengarry Castle Invergarry
- Hotel Glengarry Castle
- Glengarry Castle Hotel Invergarry, Scotland