My husband and I recently stayed here on our vacation to Scotland and we thought it was a pretty hotel. It was not as "castle-y" as I had hoped, but it was still a nice hotel. The interior is a little dated, but was clean. The bathroom was huge...we had been used to some smaller ones while on vacation so this was nice. The grounds are probably the best part of this hotel...very well kept and right on one of the Lochs...can't remember which one. I would recommend going into town...Fort Augustus...for dinner as it is quite expensive at the hotel so we chose not to eat there...and Fort Augustus is a really cute small town/village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glengarry Castle Hotel is a comfortable country house hotel with a jewel of a setting on the shores of Loch Oich at the heart of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland. Great touring base, stay for a few days and explore the Highlands - 7 miles from Loch Ness, 40 miles south of Inverness, 25 miles north of Fort William and just 50 miles to the Isle of Skye. Set in 60 acres, well away from the road, lots of local walks. Free WiFi in every bedroom and public areas. Family run for over 50 years. The building has not been extended and there is no annexe, all bedrooms are in the original house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Glengarry Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glengarry Castle Invergarry
- Hotel Glengarry Castle
- Glengarry Castle Hotel Invergarry, Scotland