A quaint old hotel in the highlands. Beautiful grounds, very quiet and stately. We stayed one night in a beautiful room with a comfy king bed. We opted for the 4 course dinner which was very good, a bit pricey but worth it if you want to treat yourself. We did a nice trail walk along the river and the loch where there is an interesting old castle ruins. One disappointment came at checkout. Somehow they did not have a record of our deposit made a month before our trip. Fortunately we had our credit card statement as evidence and they were ok with that so be sure to bring your paperwork with you. All in all, an authentic taste of Scotland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glengarry Castle Hotel is a comfortable country house hotel with a jewel of a setting on the shores of Loch Oich at the heart of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland. Great touring base, stay for a few days and explore the Highlands - 7 miles from Loch Ness, 40 miles south of Inverness, 25 miles north of Fort William and just 50 miles to the Isle of Skye. Set in 60 acres, well away from the road, lots of local walks. Free WiFi in every bedroom and public areas. Family run for over 50 years. The building has not been extended and there is no annexe, all bedrooms are in the original house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Glengarry Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glengarry Castle Invergarry
- Hotel Glengarry Castle
- Glengarry Castle Hotel Invergarry, Scotland