“Top notch B&B”
Review of Knoydart Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Knoydart
Knoydart Lodge
London, United Kingdom
“Top notch B&B”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

One of the best B&Bs I have stayed in. Bob and Morag are the perfect hosts delivering excellent service to their guests from the moment you are picked up at the pier. The rooms are comfortable and spotlessly clean. The breakfasts and packed lunches, using ingredients from the well stocked garden, are superb. The Lodge is an excellent base from which to tackle the local mountains and low level walks and is only 5 minutes walk away from the local bar/restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Yorkshire
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a night whilst hiking in Knoydart. From the first phone call Morag was fabulous, recommending the excellent Western Isles ferry service and offering us breakfast on the day when we were camping. Breakfast was absolutely epic and the large table led to great conversation with fellow guests. The room was very comfortable with an excellent bathroom, particularly the high pressure and hot as you like shower. Will definitely return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ddtad
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Spent 4 nights here with 4 friends as part of a Munro bagging and beer drinking break. Found the accommodation to be of a very high standard ands the couple who run the Bed and Breakfast (Morag and Bob) are really nice, with a wicked sense of humour and a great "can do " attitude. The breakfast menu was extremely flexible and food delicious. Her packed lunches were also great and kept us going as we plodded over the rough bounds.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Coln A
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here for one night. Had intended to stay in Sourlie's Bothy, but we got SO wet that we opted to walk into Inverie and try and get a bed for the night! Unfortunately the Bunkhouse was full; so it was either camping, or a night at Knoydart Lodge. We decided to treat ourselves to the latter.
Considering the price, it was pretty disappointing. Three of us shared a room, one of us on a pull-out style bed - no reduction in price, despite us all being in together. Bathroom was functional - but only a shower, no bath which would have been nice after a day walking through the hills. There was some shower gel provided, but it ran empty before the three of us had taken a shower. The house was pretty cool - said there was underfloor heating, but it was not on. We sat in our room with our puffer jackets on! The owners allowed us to dry our very wet gear in the "drying room" which was just a cupboard around the hot water tank - not really fit for purpose.
I am surprised that there are only good reviews here! I felt that Morag and Bob "tolerated" us in their B and B. Breakfast was very pleasant, although if you judge somewhere by the coffee made.....this was poor. We enjoyed the chat / stories from other guests, all enjoying sitting around the big table together. Morag however seemed keen to get us "moved along" from the table; loading the dishwasher right beside us.... breaking up the atmosphere. I have a background in hospitality and I must say I was disappointed with the hospitality offered here. Our shared room cost £142.50. I think that was VERY poor value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Fiona614
Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here for three days. A very warm welcome by Bob and Morag. The couple will make your stay fantastic in every way . They go out of their way to make sure that everything is perfect. Great hosts. Food first class and accommodation faultless. The views are to die for.A lot of local knowledge and will arrange boat trips , horse riding and dinner reservations. A brilliant relaxing experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a huge bed , a sofa bed a wet room and patio doors.Rooms are excellent but I cann...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I walked into Knoydart from Fort William over 3 days last week and to say I needed a shower and big comfy bed by the time I got there would be an understatement. I walked in just after dark no doubt looking terrible and overtly self-aware that I probably wasn’t my freshest having spent the last 2 nights in a tent and asked for a room. Despite my appearance Bob and Maurag welcomed me and rushed to prepare a room for my last minute arrival, they were incredibly inviting throughout and gave me a much needed cup of coffee to warm me up. I hurried into my lovely room to have one of the most rewarding showers of my life before heading into the communal areas to meet the other guests fully refreshed.

The building is lovely, the rooms great and comfy, the view spectacular but this place is really made by the totally welcoming and hospitable Bob and Maurag. They booked me a spot for dinner at the pub and even drove me down. An excellent meal and much deserved pint and I wandered back up the road to the B&B for bed and unsurprisingly slept like a baby.

Breakfast was top notch and all very social with the other guests followed by another lift down the road to catch the ferry out.

I will be staying here again (perhaps not walking in this time!) and would thoroughly recommend it to others.

A side note on Knoydart itself – breath taking scenery, truly remote and a unique atmosphere that I’ve found nowhere else. In short well worth a visit and if you do make sure you stay at the lodge!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was looking for somewhere to stay in Knoydart for 3 nights and discovered this place online. It was offering winter rates and no single room supplement and it is dog friendly, so it seemed ideal. I was not disappointed, and Bob and Morag even offered to look after Ben, my bearded collie, while I went to the pub for a meal. We had two great days and on the second climbed Luinne Bheinn, and thoroughly enjoyed a relaxing jacuzzi afterwards.

Morag's breakfasts are legendary - I had Mallaig kippers one day, scallops wrapped in bacon the next and a fry up with superb local black pudding the third. If you go to Knoydart make sure you buy some local venison from the shop. It's wonderful stuff. Many thanks.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knoydart
Hotel Eilean Iarmain
#1 of 1 in Lochailort
The Mission Bunkhouse
The Mission Bunkhouse
#1 of 5 in Mallaig

Been to Knoydart Lodge? Share your experiences!