Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
Ranked #42 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Birmingham, United States
“Nice Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Staff was very good. they were very friendly. They went out of their way to get us biscuits for breakfast. Rooms were clean. Could hear neighboring rooms TV one evening. Other than that I would recommend this to any friends or family.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
I wanted to reach out to you and Thank You for your kind comments. I hope to see you back again soon. Safe Travels!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

The hotel was centrally located, had friendly staff and was a good experience. Unfortunately the weather was cold so we couldn't use the pool facilities. I was in Memphis visiting family so the location was good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you for spreading the word about your stay at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove in Memphis! I was pleased to see you were satisfied with your stay. I am sorry about the weather...it was really cold!!! I hope that you will return again soon so your family can enjoy our refreshing outdoor pool! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels!!
Missouri City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is my second time at your property. We enjoyed the hospitality the first it was only right to return. The young lady that works night audit (i forgot her name) she is awesome!! We checked in very late, and she was very helpful to us. the breakfast was amazing and staff excellent customer service..

1 Thank Eric S
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will pass them along to "Nikki" out night auditor. I have to agree with you she is a jewel! I thank you so much for staying with us and look forward to many more visits from you!! Safe Travels.
Jackson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was very satisfied with my stay at this Hampton Inn in Memphis. It was near my business location, and provided me quick access to main throughfares in the city. My only issue was there was no microwave or mini fridge, both items that I could have used, however there was plenty of ice and I had a cooler in my vehicle. I will stay at this motel again, next visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am so pleased we met your expectations. We work hard to make sure our guests are happy and satisfied. I wanted you to know we are working on gettng more refrigerators and microwaves for our guset rooms. Maybe next time we will have one for you! Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!! Safe Travels to you and your family. Most Respectfully!
Long Beach, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

First, the description says minutes from Beale Street. Well, it is a long 20 minute drive to Beale Street. Secondly, they have no on site laundry so we had to send out our clothes since we have been staying in hotels for the past two weeks. We were charged $86.50forthatlaundry which we think is extremely excessive!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
I am so sorry our location did meet your needs. I will certainly look on line to make sure it is clear we are 20 minutes from Beale Street. I am also sorry we were unable to provide on site washers and dryers. The laundry service is a lone entity that we offer for our guests. I truly thank you for your thoughts. Safe Travels.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Terrible nights sleep mattress was completely worn out we came to support a family with a surgery no sleep .The shower leaked and there was mildew on the shower wall .we have always been able to count on Hampton for an above average comfortable room , we should have read reviews before registering. We would not stay here again it was a waste of our money .

• Stayed February 2014
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing guestroom condition of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve. Thank you, [name and contact info] *Further customization may be needed based on the specific situation
Martin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Not all rooms have a refrigerator and the AC/Heat units can be a bit better. The staff is awesome and friendly. The Hotel is on the Baptist East Hospital Campus so if you are there for hospital business I would definitely recommend. There is a hospital shuttle that will come pick you up and drop you off. It is also close driving distance to most everything in Memphis, Germantown, and Bartlett.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are working on adding more refrigerators to our rooms. It's a process. I am proud you were happy with my staff. Good people are hard to find. I do hope to see you again at the hampton Inn Walnut Grove in your future travels. Agan, thank you so much.