Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
Ranked #42 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
United States
“Great stay.”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I would recommend this hotel. Hotel staff very helpful. Give us directions to easily get around town. Quiet part of town. Hotel clean. Great breakfast. Nice room size. Alittle ways from Beale Street but was easy to get to with directions from staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you so much for that great 5 Star review!! I am so pleased we were able to meet your expectations. I look forward to seeing you back again soon. Remember, It is our pleasure serving you!!! Safe Travels to you and your family.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
United States
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had an Excellent stay, Great Breakfast had so much to chose from. Nice rooms, Friendly staff, the bypass was right there to take you from east Memphis to west Memphis in no time at all. Green way bike trail was just across the street and Shelby farms was only a short drive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you so much for commenting on Trip Advisor about your stay at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove! Especuially such kind words. I was pleased that we met your expectations. That is certainly our goal!! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels to you and your family!! Please don't hesitate to call on me for your lodging needs. It is my pleasure to serve!!
Muncie
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I am currently staying there and I pretty much thought that all hampton inns have small fridges in the rooms. Apparently this isn't the case. I asked if I could get one and was responded with we only have a few of them. I mean I get it... You are only a customer service rep so it's really out of your power to get them in all the rooms. I blame the owner. It is 2014 get with the times. There are no restaurants around except for a subway and a gas station. Where am I to leave any left overs I drive forever even to get. Also I let the front desk know about the side door that barely works(only opens if you pull on the door within 3 milliseconds of entering your key card). I don't think they even cared. I will say its nice in that's it's close to the wolf river trail that connects to Shelby farms trail system. Rooms were decent and clean. Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2014
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove. I am so sorry we were not able to meet your needs and I understand your disappointment regarding not having refrigerators in all our rooms. I will forward your comments to those that can help make this happen. I hope you will give us that "second chance" in the future. Again, thank you.
Richmond, VA, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We found this hotel to be an excellent value and location. Staff were friendly and breakfast was better than most. The only challenge is that it is hard to find because it is tucked back from the road within the Baptist hospital complex.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove in Memphis, TN. We hope to see you back again soon. Safe travels to you and your family.
Memphis, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at the Hampton on Walnut Grove and the experience was not good. The room was half clean, floors were dirty and the mattress was lumpy. I wil never stay at his hotel again. The rate was extremely high and the front desk staff did not greet the guests properly. They were giving guests the wrong keys to the wrong rooms. Very unprofessional.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations. Rest assured I take your comments very seriously and will see to it that those comments are addressed. This is not of the norm, it seems we dropped the ball somewhere. Again, thank you for your comments as I use them as a tool to better improve our hotel.
Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Staff was very good. they were very friendly. They went out of their way to get us biscuits for breakfast. Rooms were clean. Could hear neighboring rooms TV one evening. Other than that I would recommend this to any friends or family.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I wanted to reach out to you and Thank You for your kind comments. I hope to see you back again soon. Safe Travels!!
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The hotel was centrally located, had friendly staff and was a good experience. Unfortunately the weather was cold so we couldn't use the pool facilities. I was in Memphis visiting family so the location was good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you for spreading the word about your stay at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove in Memphis! I was pleased to see you were satisfied with your stay. I am sorry about the weather...it was really cold!!! I hope that you will return again soon so your family can enjoy our refreshing outdoor pool! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels!!