“Excellent Location for Hospital” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East

Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
Ranked #41 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Hayti, United States
“Excellent Location for Hospital”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Nice room and friendly, helpful staff; complimentary breakfast was very good and had both hot and cold foods, including bacon, eggs, potatoes, oatmeal, biscuits, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc...just about anything you would want; location is perfect for all Baptist East facilities. The only thing that would have made the room nicer would be the addition of a refrigerator.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
I am pleased we met your expectations at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove. Thank you for your comments and the 5 STAR! We look forward to seeing you again soon!! Safe Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

My family stayed here recently. We were on the fourth floor. At approx. 1030pm my son turned on the light on the nightstand between both beds and a roach was crawling on it. I killed it and called the front desk. No answer so my husband walked down with it in tissue and a cup and as he was down there I spotted another one on the wall by the lamp. I snapped a photo with my phone. The hotel was booked so we couldnt be moved. All he said he could do was comp the cost of the room. The answer to my question is NOBODY SLEEPS WITH ROACHES IN A ROOM. We kept the lights on and I woke up every few hours to check. As we were leaving the next morning, there was another one crawling on the dresser by the TV. Of course we're not going to pay for a roach room, but that's all that could be done to make up for this horrible night?

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I am so sorry! I have contacted our pest control as this is NOT of the norm. I would like to speak to you further about your stay. I do hope you don't think this is going without action. Thank you for letting me know what you experienced. I assure you I will act.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Nearing the end of our vacation my husband wanted to spend the evening on Beale Street. The hotel was clean and fresh. We were a little surprised by the size of the beds. They were full size. That was a bit awkward for sleeping but overall an enjoyable stay. Oh and the breakfast the next morning was very good.

Stayed July 2014
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased we met your expectations. Safe travels to you and your family.
Indianapolis, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

we stayed over July 4 weekend, intended to spend two nights but left after the first morning. 2AM complaint to the "manager" for hallway noise was ignored, no action taken. The "manager" rolled her eyes at my wife in the morning. We packed up and went to a Doubletree nearby. Hilton refunded the room and tax when I complained to them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments. I assure you I will act on them. Safe Travels.
Acworth, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is in a very nice area of Memphis. The hotel is in need of a renovation. The service and accomadation are great they will just need update their beds and bathroom fixtures (shower head coming out of the wall tile missing from baseboard in bathroom.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. Good News, we are on the "list" to be renovated. We don't have a specfic date yet but we are right on the heels of it. I do hope you come back and see the finished produt. Thanks again and safe travles.
Corinth, MS, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our guest room was so clean and FRESH smelling. And it was perfectly located close to Baptist East Hospital. Parking was great and staff was excellent. There is a very clean new Wendy's next door. Will definitely stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. I am so pleased we met your needs. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Safe travels to you and your family.
florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The room a little smell (the wet smell) but not terrible. The location was excellent, Memphis has a lot of construction going on right now, I was able to avoid it. Staff was great & so was the breakfast!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you so much! I am so pleased your stay was a good one. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Safe Travels!!