“Not as nice as I would expect from this brand.”

Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
Ranked #42 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Pearland
“Not as nice as I would expect from this brand.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here one night on the way to Indiana. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was nice. However the hallways were hot and the bed was lumpy. Worse, the bath was not completely clean. There were streaks on the shower wall where it was obvious that cleaner was sprayed but not wiped off.

• Stayed July 2014
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
I appreciate your comments regarding your stay in Memphis. I am so sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. I want you to know your voice is heard and I assure you I will act. I do hope you give us that second chance in the future. Again, thank you. Safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pace, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel seemed to be a good location with a hospital within walking distance. This property is not a Hilton Property but rather a private corporation property. Our room smelled, was not cleaned completely as we found an open pack of cigarettes in our non smoking room. the property is old and has very, very noisy doors, room doors and expecially the outdoor entrances. The help (Greg) was snotty and hateful. The helps changing room and laundry is on the first floor, right across from patron rooms. The staff continually came and went through their door, and letting the door slam everytime. this could be heard all down the hall, all night long.
I will never stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 119. Its next to the side entrance, Very noisy with the outside door being sl...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mc Lemoresville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Several small problems....even though reservation for 2 beds, were told non available at checkin, unclean, not well maintained, air conditioner in room went from 59 to 70, door to bathroom stuck. In the past have had good experiences here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HARRISON, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Being that I needed to be near a specific office, I choose Hampton Inn on Walnut Grove. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed. This particular Inn needs a facelift. One of the rooms was missing soap - how could that be? The rooms were clean, no complaints there...elevator trashy, etc. Now, the staff is another story - they were all great and I definitely do not have a complaint about them...they made a big difference. Now, we moved to an expensive hotel in downtown Memphis...hotel of course is nice - no doubt about that; however, the rooms were small and the bathrooms smaller. If I would have had a choice I would have moved back to the Hampton on Walnut Grove...simply because of the size of room/bathroom. All in all a 3 star.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I have to tell you we are in line for that "facelift" very soon. I was so pleased to hear my staff took such good care of you and that you actually wanted to come back to my hotel after going downtown. I do hope you will consider us the next time you come to Memphis as it is our pleasure serving you! Safe Travels!
Hayti, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Nice room and friendly, helpful staff; complimentary breakfast was very good and had both hot and cold foods, including bacon, eggs, potatoes, oatmeal, biscuits, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc...just about anything you would want; location is perfect for all Baptist East facilities. The only thing that would have made the room nicer would be the addition of a refrigerator.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am pleased we met your expectations at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove. Thank you for your comments and the 5 STAR! We look forward to seeing you again soon!! Safe Travels!
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

My family stayed here recently. We were on the fourth floor. At approx. 1030pm my son turned on the light on the nightstand between both beds and a roach was crawling on it. I killed it and called the front desk. No answer so my husband walked down with it in tissue and a cup and as he was down there I spotted another one on the wall by the lamp. I snapped a photo with my phone. The hotel was booked so we couldnt be moved. All he said he could do was comp the cost of the room. The answer to my question is NOBODY SLEEPS WITH ROACHES IN A ROOM. We kept the lights on and I woke up every few hours to check. As we were leaving the next morning, there was another one crawling on the dresser by the TV. Of course we're not going to pay for a roach room, but that's all that could be done to make up for this horrible night?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I am so sorry! I have contacted our pest control as this is NOT of the norm. I would like to speak to you further about your stay. I do hope you don't think this is going without action. Thank you for letting me know what you experienced. I assure you I will act.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Nearing the end of our vacation my husband wanted to spend the evening on Beale Street. The hotel was clean and fresh. We were a little surprised by the size of the beds. They were full size. That was a bit awkward for sleeping but overall an enjoyable stay. Oh and the breakfast the next morning was very good.

Stayed July 2014
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased we met your expectations. Safe travels to you and your family.