Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
Ranked #42 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Martin, United States
“Very nice!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have stayed here many times due to the closeness of the hospital. Staff has ALWAYS been gracious and nice. I have had to use the 'guarantee' a couple of times. I never have to worry if this hotel is going to be dirty, etc. Others I go in and check the room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Patricia D
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you so much for the 5 Star review!!! I can't express how happy I am that we met your needs. I will pass your comments on to my staff as they love hearing about happy guests! We look forward to serving you again soon!!
Safe Travels!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great for families with children. Provides an excellent hot breakfast, pool and exercise equipment. Staff is friendly and helpful.We stayed in a room with two beds. The room was spacious. The bathroom was nice and there were plenty of towels for two adults and two kids. TV programming was pretty goods our favorite channels were available. Internet service is provided and the room has a work station, there is an iron and blow dryer. Ample closet space and extra linen also is available. My grand kids loved the pool and the snack machines.Overall this was an excellent place to because of customer service, room and hotel location. Hotel is centrally located to main streets which allow a smooth transition to all parts of Memphis.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank verlam
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you so much for your 5 STAR review! I am so pleased we met your expectations. I will certainly pass along your kind words to my staff as we all take service very seriously around here. We are proud to serve. I hope to see you back again soon! Safe travels to you and your family.
Texarkana, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay there! All of the front desk clerks I encountered were very nice, the housekeepers, and the breakfast attendant. I was a little disappointed that there were no microwaves or refrigerators in the rooms, but it was overall a great stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Chris H
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you so much for the great 5 STAR review!! I am so excited you were especially happy about my staff. I am working on getting refrigerators and microwaves for our rooms so rest assured I am listening and acting on your comments. Thanks Again, and we look forward to serving you again soon. Safe travels to you and your family.
Mc Kenzie, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have stayed at this Hampton several times for my work. It is on the grounds of Baptist Hospital Memphis. So if you have family in hospital or need to come and stay the night before it is perfect. The rooms are spacious, with a lofty king bed and a pull out sofa. Many outlets for your electronic needs. A awesome desk chair and desk. One of the nicest things was a comfortable lap desk provided. Large bathroom with plenty of room to layout your beauty needs. Hairdryer provided. Ample plush towels. The first time I stayed on the first floor a few doors down from front desk and right across from elevators. The room was very quit. Also close to a busy road and never heard traffic. Felt very safe and secure all of my visits, inside and out. There are security patrols on the grounds of the hospital. Nice pool and exercise room. All kinds of coffee in the lobby and a one cup coffee maker in rooms. Some rooms have refrigerators and microwaves and some don't. They have a wonderful continental breakfast in the lobby. Had boiled eggs, assorted cereals, fresh fruits, (cut up), yogurt, juices and more. The checkout is a very nice 12 noon. You can walk across the street to a quickmart that has a little bit of everything and a Subway in it. Open 24 hours. Right next to it is a Wedney's, The staff at both of these places were very nice and even remembered me when I returned the next week. On campus of the hospital and around the corner is a Starbucks. All in all VERY PLEASED with the Hampton in at Humphery's Centre. One of the most awesome things is right across the road is the Wolf River. If you go out from the Hotel back to main road and go right about 1/2 mile and turn left toward river, there are all kinds of trails to walk, run and bike. I got my lunch and went over and sat in car and watched some kayaks on the water. All of the staff I encountered were awesome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you so much for that 5 STAR rating. I am pleased we were able to meet your expectations. We look forward to serving you again soon. Again, thank you and safe travels to you and your family.
Decatur, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The lobby was ok, but elevator and lobby rest room was not clean. The bill was not delivered to my room, and the woman at the check at desk was not helpful. Breakfast was ok. I always stay at Hilton properties, but I won't be staying at this one again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments. I assure you they are not going on deaf ears. I will act on them. I do hope you give us that 2nd chance to prove to you we listen. Once again, thank you and safe travels.
Hopedale, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This Hotel does not live up to the standards of Hampton Hotels. No fridge in our room and only 10 fridges in the whole building. Very noisey rooms.Totally outdated will not stay again. Location is way to far out for anything in Memphis.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
I appreciate your comments regarding your stay in Memphis. I am so sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. I want you to know your voice is heard and I assure you I will act. I do hope you give us that second chance in the future. Again, thank you. Safe travels.
Pearland
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here one night on the way to Indiana. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was nice. However the hallways were hot and the bed was lumpy. Worse, the bath was not completely clean. There were streaks on the shower wall where it was obvious that cleaner was sprayed but not wiped off.

• Stayed July 2014