“Just okay”

Ranked #64 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
New York City, New York
“Just okay”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

When I travel, I often stay at a Hampton Inn because I value their consistency. However, I have to say... I was really disappointed in this property!! The staff was nice, and the food and service was as expected, but the hotel is in dire need of some TLC.The hallways are hot as everyone described, as well as had a musty smell. The smell in the room was a little more decent, but not by much. The a/c unit made a loud rattling noise all night long. I eventually just had to turn it off so I could get some sleep. The room was only sufficiently cleaned. Overall, I'd say this property was just OK, but not what I expected of a Hilton property.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Tiffany W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Hello dyanna26,

Thank you for being our guest at the Hampton Inn Perkins while you were in Memphis. I apologize your stay was not satisfactory. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we can make our hotel better for our guests. I look forward to seeing you during your next visit to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Derby, UK
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Used some reward points to stay here; didn't have enough to go downtown so chose this place. Initial reaction is that the location is just a bit worrying - but was OK. Generally we were happy with the choice. Rooms were clean; our room had a strange smell to start with but we decided that the room hadn't been used for a few days and the smell soon wore off when the a/c had been on a while. Breakfast was good and at last we found a hotel of this standard that bothers to put fresh fruit out (as opposed to a few bananas and apples). A few nice touches too - lemonade and cookies in the lobby in the afternoon and early evening were good and the staff were very friendly and helpful

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kmr1809
Linda S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Thank you for your comments. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and your visit to Memphis. Please come visit us again!
Batesville, Arkansas
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

Property was ok. Makes sense why it required less reward points than the nicer properties. I rated value as below average since I heard the quoted price to a potential customer on the phone. Desk and housekeeping staff very nice and professional. Not the best location. There was an odd noise coming either from the window or air conditioner...sounded like a blizzard was blowing outside. Furniture and closet doors need overhauling, at least in my room. Overall just ok.

• Stayed September 2012
Tiffany W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that value was of concern; we strive to offer our guest a cost-affordable experience while offerings enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I have asked our maintenance team to look into the noise in your room and apologize for the disturbance. Thank you so much for your nice comments about our staff. I will be certain to share you comments with everyone. Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your input. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Very nice, friendly employees, very comfortable bed. Breakfast selction was great. Unfortunately the a/c blows on the computer desk with no way to adjust it making it uncomfortable to work at the desk. At breakfast heard employees 'in the back' cursing something from the night before...unsettling and unnecessary. Wish Hampton Inns had maintained their original lower prices. Can't afford to stay here on a regular basis.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Tiffany W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Hello TexasTraveler88446,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. It was a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments. I truly apologize for the negative experience you may have had during your stay. I would really love if you could contact me to discuss your experience in more detail at 901-367-1234 or Tiffany.Webb@hilton.com Thank you once again for your comments.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I wasn't expecting this to be a really great experience having to stay here at last minute but I must say I was totally surprised,the staff was friendly,the hotel was very clean from the snooping I did to see just how clean it was:No dust on pictures or headboards or doors,clean bathroom,clean linen,clean towels,clean elevators-stuff like this really matters to me I love CLEANLINESS so I was impressed obviously the cleaning crew here is actually doing their job and I say "Keep it up" because you have people like myself that pay attention to small detail.although is not a SUPER place to stay it is located near I-240,shopping area and several eating places so it would be a good choice if you're in town for a weekend or 4-5 days.so would I stay here again:YES if I had to.Keep up the good work "Cleaning Crew" job well done!

Room Tip: This will be a good last minute choice if you're looking for a "CLEAN" place to stay f...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CodeNameAgentBlue
Hello TwHitmaker,

I must admit that it is always a pleasure to read the reviews and find areas where we have exceeded your expectations. Our housekeeping staff work very hard everyday to make sure you enjoy your stay with us. Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad you chose to be our guest. Hope to see you again next time you are in Memphis, TN.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This is generally the typical Hampton Inn - clean, comfortable, reasonably priced, etc. The staff were much friendlier than usual, and the breakfast area very nice and well stocked. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This hotel is ok, nothing special but is a good place to stay if you are on a budget. The rooms are clean, free wi-fi, free complimentary breakfast, the waffles are good. The hallways of the hotel are always very hot, I don't really know why. The people are friendly. It has a few restaurants beside it, IHOP, Taco Bell, Lenny's Subs, and a Popeye's. It would be better if they had a refrigerator and a microwave in each room, and they also need more channels on the TV.

Room Tip: It seem's like the 5th floor may have the best rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business