“Very Basic - Friendly Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240
Ranked #62 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Tampa, Florida
“Very Basic - Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Rooms were very basic. Nothing exciting. Beds were okay. Pillows lumpy. But this is not a 4-star hotel so you don't expect that. Staff is quite friendly and accommodating. Biggest disappointment was the fitness center, or lack there of. There is a TINY room with a treadmill and an elliptical. That's it. No bike (as is in the picture on their website) or weights. A big let-down for the fitness minded traveler.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Tiffany W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Hello Sunnydove, Thank you for your recent review and stay. We recently purchased new equipment for our fitness room. We will be sure to update the pictures on our site. Thank you for the lovely comments about the staff. Come see us next time you are in our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Camden, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The staff provide exceptional service including the food provided for breakfast. The facility is in need of work. Wear is obvious in the room including the bath. The rooms need to be completely remodeled with the old items removed instead of painted and patched. The HVAC unit was extremely loud and cut on and off constantly and needed to be replaced badly. The hallways
were loud with people roaming up and down talking on cell phones and slamming doors.
Put the service staff in a new facility and it would be an outstanding place to stay.

Room Tip: Others in our party stayed on lower floors without as much noise. This might be the thing to do.
1 Thank blh7056
Hello Bobby H, Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We always try to provide a warm, welcoming feeling to our guests. Hope to see you again next time you are in Memphis.
Hot Springs, AR
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This hotel was clean, beds were comfortable, amenities were nice, and staff was very friendly. The staff putting out breakfast stayed late for late risers and were friendly about it! Lots of options for breakfast. This is an older hotel and could use some TLC, but it was clean. There are several restaurants nearby as well. We are planning to stay here again in a couple of months when we return to Memphis.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Travelingvegan
Greetings Travelvegan, I was so pleased to read your review. Thank you so much for the nice comments. We cannot wait to see you on your next visit.
Englewood, Colorado
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The staff at this hotel are some of the nicest people I have ever met. When we arrived it was later in the evening and went straight to our rooms. In the morning we went downstairs for breakfast and was immediately greeted with a warm good morning by Staci at the front desk and then by James and Miss Martha in the dining area. Miss Martha and James are the dining room attendants and along with the eggs and waffles they prepare they are there for smiles, kind words and great conversation. Every corner I turned I was greeted with a warm smile and good morning by every worker that was there.
Other than the fabulous staff, the rooms are very clean, warm and cozy. Everything you need is in your room, and if not there is easily given to you by the staff,
Enjoy your stay, we did and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

1 Thank jjglamgirl
Tiffany W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Thank you so much jjglamgirl for your recent stay and your wonderful comments! We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to have you as our guest next time you are in Memphis.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2012

When I travel, I often stay at a Hampton Inn because I value their consistency. However, I have to say... I was really disappointed in this property!! The staff was nice, and the food and service was as expected, but the hotel is in dire need of some TLC.The hallways are hot as everyone described, as well as had a musty smell. The smell in the room was a little more decent, but not by much. The a/c unit made a loud rattling noise all night long. I eventually just had to turn it off so I could get some sleep. The room was only sufficiently cleaned. Overall, I'd say this property was just OK, but not what I expected of a Hilton property.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Hello dyanna26,

Thank you for being our guest at the Hampton Inn Perkins while you were in Memphis. I apologize your stay was not satisfactory. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we can make our hotel better for our guests. I look forward to seeing you during your next visit to our area.
Derby, UK
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Used some reward points to stay here; didn't have enough to go downtown so chose this place. Initial reaction is that the location is just a bit worrying - but was OK. Generally we were happy with the choice. Rooms were clean; our room had a strange smell to start with but we decided that the room hadn't been used for a few days and the smell soon wore off when the a/c had been on a while. Breakfast was good and at last we found a hotel of this standard that bothers to put fresh fruit out (as opposed to a few bananas and apples). A few nice touches too - lemonade and cookies in the lobby in the afternoon and early evening were good and the staff were very friendly and helpful

2 Thank kmr1809
Linda S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Thank you for your comments. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and your visit to Memphis. Please come visit us again!
Batesville, Arkansas
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

Property was ok. Makes sense why it required less reward points than the nicer properties. I rated value as below average since I heard the quoted price to a potential customer on the phone. Desk and housekeeping staff very nice and professional. Not the best location. There was an odd noise coming either from the window or air conditioner...sounded like a blizzard was blowing outside. Furniture and closet doors need overhauling, at least in my room. Overall just ok.

• Stayed September 2012
Tiffany W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that value was of concern; we strive to offer our guest a cost-affordable experience while offerings enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I have asked our maintenance team to look into the noise in your room and apologize for the disturbance. Thank you so much for your nice comments about our staff. I will be certain to share you comments with everyone. Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your input. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.