“Best Staff EVER!!”

Ranked #64 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Dallas, Texas
“Best Staff EVER!!”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

had the privilege of staying at your property over the holidays and out of 5 years of working in hospitality & staying in Hamptons forever. This was the BEST STAY of my life. Upon arriving we were greeted by Stacie & Linda outside and they were beyond pleasant & funny (As everyone else was too). The breakfast was a typical Hampton breakfast but again, the family atmosphere made it seem more than a hotel stay. The room was a typical Hampton Room, Clean & Cozy!! I just really had a good time, since I’m from Memphis I usually stay at the Embassy once a month but you all have won me over! See you next month!!!

I’ve never been WOWED like this before by a hotel before. Go Hampton!! Go Hilton!!

Room Tip: The Conversations W/ The Staff are Genuine & GREAT!! Be Yourself & You'll have a BALL!!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RBTC901
Tiffany W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Greetings RBTC901! What a pleasure it is to read such wonderful comments! We love to make our guests feel like family when they are here. Everyone is very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. See you on your next visit to Memphis.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Rooms were very basic. Nothing exciting. Beds were okay. Pillows lumpy. But this is not a 4-star hotel so you don't expect that. Staff is quite friendly and accommodating. Biggest disappointment was the fitness center, or lack there of. There is a TINY room with a treadmill and an elliptical. That's it. No bike (as is in the picture on their website) or weights. A big let-down for the fitness minded traveler.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Tiffany W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Hello Sunnydove, Thank you for your recent review and stay. We recently purchased new equipment for our fitness room. We will be sure to update the pictures on our site. Thank you for the lovely comments about the staff. Come see us next time you are in our area.
Camden, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The staff provide exceptional service including the food provided for breakfast. The facility is in need of work. Wear is obvious in the room including the bath. The rooms need to be completely remodeled with the old items removed instead of painted and patched. The HVAC unit was extremely loud and cut on and off constantly and needed to be replaced badly. The hallways
were loud with people roaming up and down talking on cell phones and slamming doors.
Put the service staff in a new facility and it would be an outstanding place to stay.

Room Tip: Others in our party stayed on lower floors without as much noise. This might be the thing to do.
1 Thank Bobby H
Hello Bobby H, Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We always try to provide a warm, welcoming feeling to our guests. Hope to see you again next time you are in Memphis.
Hot Springs, AR
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This hotel was clean, beds were comfortable, amenities were nice, and staff was very friendly. The staff putting out breakfast stayed late for late risers and were friendly about it! Lots of options for breakfast. This is an older hotel and could use some TLC, but it was clean. There are several restaurants nearby as well. We are planning to stay here again in a couple of months when we return to Memphis.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Travelingvegan
Greetings Travelvegan, I was so pleased to read your review. Thank you so much for the nice comments. We cannot wait to see you on your next visit.
Englewood, Colorado
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The staff at this hotel are some of the nicest people I have ever met. When we arrived it was later in the evening and went straight to our rooms. In the morning we went downstairs for breakfast and was immediately greeted with a warm good morning by Staci at the front desk and then by James and Miss Martha in the dining area. Miss Martha and James are the dining room attendants and along with the eggs and waffles they prepare they are there for smiles, kind words and great conversation. Every corner I turned I was greeted with a warm smile and good morning by every worker that was there.
Other than the fabulous staff, the rooms are very clean, warm and cozy. Everything you need is in your room, and if not there is easily given to you by the staff,
Enjoy your stay, we did and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

1 Thank jjglamgirl
Tiffany W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Thank you so much jjglamgirl for your recent stay and your wonderful comments! We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to have you as our guest next time you are in Memphis.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2012

When I travel, I often stay at a Hampton Inn because I value their consistency. However, I have to say... I was really disappointed in this property!! The staff was nice, and the food and service was as expected, but the hotel is in dire need of some TLC.The hallways are hot as everyone described, as well as had a musty smell. The smell in the room was a little more decent, but not by much. The a/c unit made a loud rattling noise all night long. I eventually just had to turn it off so I could get some sleep. The room was only sufficiently cleaned. Overall, I'd say this property was just OK, but not what I expected of a Hilton property.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Hello dyanna26,

Thank you for being our guest at the Hampton Inn Perkins while you were in Memphis. I apologize your stay was not satisfactory. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we can make our hotel better for our guests. I look forward to seeing you during your next visit to our area.
Derby, UK
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Used some reward points to stay here; didn't have enough to go downtown so chose this place. Initial reaction is that the location is just a bit worrying - but was OK. Generally we were happy with the choice. Rooms were clean; our room had a strange smell to start with but we decided that the room hadn't been used for a few days and the smell soon wore off when the a/c had been on a while. Breakfast was good and at last we found a hotel of this standard that bothers to put fresh fruit out (as opposed to a few bananas and apples). A few nice touches too - lemonade and cookies in the lobby in the afternoon and early evening were good and the staff were very friendly and helpful

2 Thank kmr1809
Linda S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Thank you for your comments. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and your visit to Memphis. Please come visit us again!