“Just ok for one night”

Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240
Ranked #67 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed 1 night while in Memphis to go to zoo. Room was big and bed was comfortable. It was not the cleanest, but acceptable. The sink was clogged. It was like someone put coffee grounds down it. It was a good thing there was a second sink. I reported the sink issue at checkout so hopefully it will be addressed. The staff was friendly, but the breakfast was nothing special. I would probably stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jillibug2

Reviewed 15 April 2013

love this place! has a nice indoor pool and hot tub. has 2 tvs for convience for families. it has a nice work staion in my room you can get anywhere in memphis within 15 minutes. great breakfast and the rooms were very cozy!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 20 December 2012

As of 12/14 this hotel is no longer part of the Hilton family. That would have been nice to know 10 days earlier when I made my reservations. I was so excited I found a hotel I could use the few hilton points I had for a 3 night stay to enjoy the Liberty Bowl and watch my cousin play in a bowl game. In fact, that was the deciding factor on whether or not to go to the game. Hotel got booked, bowl tickets bought the next day. Today (10 days later) I'm notified my reservation is no longer valid. Very disappointing. Kudos to the Hilton customer service for finding me another hotel at 10 p.m. in a city that has a bowl game and to include New Year's Eve. They gave me enough points to still stay for free. Thumbs down to The Inn for screwing up reservations before a peak period but I guess you assumed you could still get the bowl/holiday business.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank vand89
Reviewed 26 November 2012

had the privilege of staying at your property over the holidays and out of 5 years of working in hospitality & staying in Hamptons forever. This was the BEST STAY of my life. Upon arriving we were greeted by Stacie & Linda outside and they were beyond pleasant & funny (As everyone else was too). The breakfast was a typical Hampton breakfast but again, the family atmosphere made it seem more than a hotel stay. The room was a typical Hampton Room, Clean & Cozy!! I just really had a good time, since I’m from Memphis I usually stay at the Embassy once a month but you all have won me over! See you next month!!!

I’ve never been WOWED like this before by a hotel before. Go Hampton!! Go Hilton!!

Room Tip: The Conversations W/ The Staff are Genuine & GREAT!! Be Yourself & You'll have a BALL!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RBTC901
Tiffany W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Greetings RBTC901! What a pleasure it is to read such wonderful comments! We love to make our guests feel like family when they are here. Everyone is very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. See you on your next visit to Memphis.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Rooms were very basic. Nothing exciting. Beds were okay. Pillows lumpy. But this is not a 4-star hotel so you don't expect that. Staff is quite friendly and accommodating. Biggest disappointment was the fitness center, or lack there of. There is a TINY room with a treadmill and an elliptical. That's it. No bike (as is in the picture on their website) or weights. A big let-down for the fitness minded traveler.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Tiffany W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Hello Sunnydove, Thank you for your recent review and stay. We recently purchased new equipment for our fitness room. We will be sure to update the pictures on our site. Thank you for the lovely comments about the staff. Come see us next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

The staff provide exceptional service including the food provided for breakfast. The facility is in need of work. Wear is obvious in the room including the bath. The rooms need to be completely remodeled with the old items removed instead of painted and patched. The HVAC unit was extremely loud and cut on and off constantly and needed to be replaced badly. The hallways
were loud with people roaming up and down talking on cell phones and slamming doors.
Put the service staff in a new facility and it would be an outstanding place to stay.

Room Tip: Others in our party stayed on lower floors without as much noise. This might be the thing to do.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blh7056

Hello Bobby H, Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We always try to provide a warm, welcoming feeling to our guests. Hope to see you again next time you are in Memphis.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

This hotel was clean, beds were comfortable, amenities were nice, and staff was very friendly. The staff putting out breakfast stayed late for late risers and were friendly about it! Lots of options for breakfast. This is an older hotel and could use some TLC, but it was clean. There are several restaurants nearby as well. We are planning to stay here again in a couple of months when we return to Memphis.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelingvegan

Greetings Travelvegan, I was so pleased to read your review. Thank you so much for the nice comments. We cannot wait to see you on your next visit.