Crowne Plaza Memphis Downtown
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Madison Hotel(Memphis)
1,388 results
All reviewsfree shuttleshuttle servicebeale streethotel shuttlenight managerconvention centerparking feefront desk staffmemphis downtownthe room was nicenew orleanssun studiossouthern hospitalitycleoginatrolleyvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2009

My family and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Memphis earlier this month and had a wonderful experience. Check in was a breeze with very friendly people. I asked about local things to do and see and was provided with a vast array of options for my family. The room was clean and very comfortable. The Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage amenities were a nice touch. Breakfast in the restaurant was nice and the staff there was just as friendly and helpful as at check in. The hotel was convenient to Beale Street and Graceland. I highly recommend staying at this hotel when you visit Memphis.

Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank rcjc4900
Reviewed 16 November 2008

Motorcycle trip with another couple for the purpose of visiting Graceland---the hotel was fine although it was under remodel (much needed) in certain areas---clean comfortable room, friendly staff---was a bit overpriced considering for the same amount $ we could have stayed at a Holiday Inn with hot tub & kitchenette in room. Otherwise great location for downtown touring. Had surveillance on fenced in lower level parking and upper garage important to us 'bike' riders.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank 3bikerbabes
Reviewed 1 November 2008

I stayed there for 2 nights with a tour group. It was fine, most of the staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel needs some imporving and I would've prefered the Marriott across the street much better.

My room was fine, comfortable, & clean. One elevator was still broken, so that does cause a delay going to/from your room. There is a service elevator available through the door next to the general elevators - use that if needed. The staff didn't mind us riding with them.

The service at the restaurant, which isn't much of a restaurant, was very slow and the food average at best. Only eat there if you are too tired to go out. The morning "buffet" breakfast we had was minimum and the staff is slow to get you silverware, coffee, and to replace the food itens. They do say that things move slower in the south, but the staff was friendly. It would save the staff and make the guests happier if they just had silverware on the table or in a basket instead of having to wait.

They have an outdoor pool right outside of the lobby. There is a fitness room on the 11th floor, it's pretty basic but it is 24 hours with access using your room key. They have 2 pcs in the lobby with free internet access, which is great.

Like a previous review, do NOT walk to/from Beal St at night. It's not safe. Take a taxi or walk through the Marriott across the street and take the Trolley. You can buy a round trip ticket for $1.50 inside the Marriott (according to the Trolley driver). There is also a Catholic Church right across the street from the Crowne Plaza - otherwise there's not much else around. Around Beal St is the place to be which great food & music.

• Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank JoeytravelerNJ
Reviewed 23 October 2008

I am really not sure what the bad reviews of this hotel are about... maybe something has recently changed dramatically, but I found this place fantastic! My room was great - amazing bed, great shower, beautiful furnishings, and free wireless! Great location right off the interstate with reasonable self-parking, really convenient. Everyone I dealt with was super-friendly, I find this is usually the case in Memphis. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone, One elevator was under repair still, but I did not experience any delay getting to my room, people need to get a grip!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank lolanola
Reviewed 15 October 2008

I am actually having such a nice time at this hotel that I decided to look online and see if other people were loving it as much as I am. I was really surprised to read bad reviews! Maybe that's because people are more inspired to write a review about a bad experience... I have found this hotel to be extremely hospitable and welcoming! The staff has gone out of their way to help me with odd requests, my room is clean and very spacious, and they have really nice special touches (lavender linen spray) that I am totally loving and really give it the extra special touch. Yes, one of the elevators is down. It really is not that big a deal. I have not had to wait more than a minute, pretty standard for fully functioning hotel. Anyway, I totally recommend this place, added perk is that the convention center is literally across the street.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business