“Good value in GREAT location”

SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Ranked #38 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good value in GREAT location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel, rooms spacious with fridge and microwave, along with some plates and silverware. Only issue with the rooms is weird TV placement for viewing in bed. Breakfast was very good, made hotel value even more. Real draw to this place is location. Tons of shopping and food available, including the Galleria mall. I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

I was all ready to say negative things about this property, but have done a complete turnaround and now would not stay anywhere else. After trying three rooms to get a satisfactory one (see below), I finally got into a nice room. The important point is that the staff was profoundly concerned that I was completely satisfied. They continued to check with through my stay to make sure I was completely happy.

This is a typical Springhill Suites. Nothing particularly lavish, but very comfortable. A nice working area, mini fridge, coffee maker, microwave. The sofa in the suite is very large and very comfortable. Breakfast is what you expect for a free breakfast. The location is convenient to every type of dining and has a back entrance to the upscale shopping mall nearby.

Unless you want to complete details, you can stop here. But I would heartily endorse this property.

So I checked in early, and they already had my room ready. The first thing I noticed was the faint smell of smoke in the room. Kind of surprising given that it’s a non-smoking property. Well, I figured maybe a guest was inconsiderate, and after a couple minutes I got over it. I am not allergic to cigarette smoke or anything. But it was unusually hot for September, and after a couple hours the AC quit working. Just as the manager got there, it started working again. I was willing to try again, but he gave me the room next door, which I thought was nice. That room smelled like someone was still smoking in it! By my third trip to the front desk, I was afraid I was being a bad guest. Either that, or they had some serious cleaning and maintenance issues at this place. The third room was perfect, AC humming away efficiently and smelling clean and fresh.

I ran into the manager in the elevator the next day, who of course asked how everything was. As we chatted about the condition of the first two rooms, he was equally surprised. He even mentioned they were going to shampoo the rugs and replace the curtains. That made me feel as though they were indeed serious about maintenance.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Good Evening

Once again the SpringHill Suites by Marriott, with Naomi Herring, Asst. General Manager, her staff and host of housekeepers made our stay a pleasure. They were always willing and ready to accommodate us with whatever we needed. The rooms were furnished with a refrigerator, microwave, sink, desk and queen sofa sleeper. The rooms were clean and updated.

Special Thanks to Billy, Cassandra, Tonya and Donna (housekeeping) and the rest of the staff for greeting us with a smile each time our paths crossed. The coffee and breakfast was fresh and hot at all times.

The location was great and close to all the attractions were we interested in. (shopping, food)

In the future, when selecting a hotel we will consider SpringHill Suites by Marriott our host hotel.

Thank You for quality service.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

We usually stay at Holiday Inn Express while on the Interstate system but this hotel is considerably less than the new HIE next door. It is new and clean and the staff is terrific. The free breakfast is a notch above the norm. There are some sound issues as I could hear when my neighbors ran water in their room but the rooms are designed with a little sitting area. We have stayed here three times now.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Over night stay in Memphis. two suites, Clean rooms, spacious suite. microwave, sink and mini fridge. First room did not have a working AC. Called and tech came by right away. Said he would ask the front desk to move us as the unit was not working. We were moved and next room's couch was not as large and there was no Ipod dock. Called and asked if it would be possible to get an exact room like the first one. Front desk called back and said they would give us another room. The staff was very accomadating. We even received a disc for the trouble of having to move around. Naomi was very nice. A bit far from Beale street and downtown. Drove down and parked and took the $1 trolley that goes all over. Good breakfast, hot items available.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

My Daughter and I stayed her on our way home ...Nice, clean and comfortable Beds!!! Looks to be New hotel... Large room!!! good Breakfast...good Value!!! Would Stay here again close to the Mall and Resturants nothing to hate!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Nashville TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I couldn't ask for a more friendly and helpful staff. Check in and out was quick and easy. The room was spacious and clean. Beds were very comfortable. We liked that there was a sink, fridge, and microwave as well as a couch. I loved that there was a place to put my IPOD and my daughter's IPHONE in the dock stereo system. I had only two complaints. One was the breakfast. Our daughters said the waffles tasted funny. The scrambled eggs were tasteless. The apple I picked up still had the sticker on it and was waxy, meaning it hadn't been washed. I had just stayed at a Country Inn and Suites in Asheville, NC a week prior and I guess they really raised the bar as far my expectations on breakfast quality because theirs was superb. I would also encourage the staff at this hotel to make sure their AC is working properly in all areas. The lobby felt great, but the pool area was like a sauna and we couldn't stand to stay in there long because it was so hot..Also we couldn't get our room on the 3rd floor as cool as we wanted it even with it set on 68. The whole 3rd floor seemed hot to me.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis

Been to SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria? Share your experiences!