“Amazing Service”

Ranked #41 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Mérida, Yucatan, Mexico
“Amazing Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

My stay at the Springhill Suites has led me to state that everytime I stay here everything is fantastic!!! I love that everything is clean! The front desk staff including Kathryn, Kelly, Kayla,and Tanya are amazing! Such great costumer service! Everyone from front desk is outstanding! I stay in Memphis year round with my company, and this hotel is always my first choice. I especially like the new deluxe breakfast. It's great for on the go, or if I want to sit down with some work buddies. It's most pleasurable to know that at the end of a long work day I will be able to get a good nights rest in the bed, which is always pleasant! Always an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LuisO556
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you for your kind words concerning our staff and property. We enjoy what we do and love having you stay with us. We want to be your home, while away from home. We will see you soon.

Bob Boston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed here for two nights and were pleased with the hotel in general and it's facilities.
The room s big with two beds and a sitting area, we also had disabled facilities which were better than most.
The breakfast was the standard fair, but was nice enough.
The staff were very nice, really friendly and helpful and the pool looked great although we were too busy to use it.
The only thing I would say is that it is quite far from Graceland and Beale Street, so you need to travel a bit.
Otherwise it was great.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracey B
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Our main concern in staying in Memphis was all of the horror stories we heard about how unsafe it was to stay there. At this hotel, there was no worries at all. In fact we walked the two blocks to dinner that evening and were not worried in the least. It is on the east edge of Memphis in an area with a lot of hotels and shopping and restaurants. The hotel is up to date, clean and comfortable. The staff is premiere and very helpful. The continental breakfast had a lot of options and was very good. The check out process went smoothly. This hotel is a must stay if you are ever in the Memphis area. And no worries!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cindy W
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed two nights at SH Suites. She was there to take the mcat exam. I booked online based on other ratings. The best thing about this hotel was the staff. The young lady that checked us in and was there the following evening was very pleasant and spoke to my daughter about the exam a couple of times as we entered or exited the hotel. The day staff was also nice. The housekeeping staff was very nice. The hotel itself however looks rundown inside and out. The lobby and eating area is very small and dated. The room was clean but dated. The TV 'straddled' the bedroom area and the small area near the front door with the couch. There was an HBO movie guide in the room but no HBO. Or any other type of movie channels. There was a La Quinta, Fairfield, Holiday Inn etc. all at that same exit and they all looked newer and more appealing from the outside. I would assume newer outside translates to nicer rooms and amenities. I paid $130 per night and with tax/etc. it cost me about $300 for two nights. I did not price the other hotels nearby, but should have. Again, if not for their people, this doesn't offer much to be enthusiastic about.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank cgsmith11558
HotelManager2800, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the negative experience you had during your stay. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel. Our goal is for each guest to be completely satisfied and once again apologize that you were not. We will certainly use your input to improve and hope that you can give the SpringHill Suites of Memphis Galleria another chance. Sincerely, Bob Boston - General Manager
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Nice location. Nice proximity to restaurants n shops but rooms are advertised as a 1 bedroom "suite" But it is just one big room. You can hear the people on the floor above you n hear them stomping around their room n flush the toilet. Room decor was tired n old. I wouldn't recommend. It was a shame as we were looking forward to this place.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Our_USA_trip
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay at SpringHill Suites Memphis Galleria. I apologize that you were less than satisfied with your experience. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we are always looking for ways to improve. If you should find yourself in the Memphis area again I invite you to give us another opportunity to impress you. Sincerely, Bob Boston - General Manager
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Had a great stay at this Springhill Suites. Was just in town overnight on business, so didn't spend a ton of time there, but the thing that impressed me most was that the staff, particularly the staff at breakfast in the morning, was exceptionally friendly. One employee in particular, Dayle, was so pleasant and really made my day a little bit brighter.

The only complaint I had was that there were people out in parking lot until late that night, and I could hear them through the window of my hotel room, but there's not much that the hotel could have done about that.

All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank vallerina2
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed at SpringHill for three nights in June and were pleased with the property. Our room was spotless and smelled fresh. The staff was courteous and efficient with almost no wait at check-in and check-out. Next to a major mall, there are plenty of restaurants within minutes and loads of shopping opportunities. Although located near interstate I-20, traffic noise was not a problem and we slept soundly.
The breakfast bar was upscale with fresh waffles, and a rotating menu of eggs, biscuits, sausage, and ham. Nice touches were raisins and walnuts to add to the oatmeal. The coffee was a better grade with regular and dark roast choices. The indoor pool was clean and the spa was hot with plenty of clean, dry towels provided. Watch you time in the spa - the timer was broken but we reported the problem to the front desk. Rooms feature a sink, refrigerator, and microwave oven.
Plenty of AC sockets for anything you might want to plug in. Audio/Video connections for the flat screen television. High end sound system/clock radio with sub woofer that allows you to enjoy your I-Phone.
Complimentary, no-hassle WIFI was appreciated and worked well for our purposes.

Complaints were trivial compared to the many positives.
Our sheets popped out of the mattress corners each night.
There were youth teams each night that were not too bad for kids, but one night they hung out in the lobby. The poor lady behind the front desk was on the phone trying to work out a computer problem and she could barely understand the instructions for all the ruckus. Why can't chaperones do their job?
Watch out when driving up to the property, it comes up fast. Our GPS routed us though the mall parking lot. A better way to the property is US64-Stage Road.

Our stay was better than average and would stay here again and again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis

Been to SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria? Share your experiences!