“Travel stop, not a Memphis stop”

SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Ranked #37 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is an excellent stopping place for travelers on RT40 who don't want to brave Memphis itself. There are a few Marriott properties along this route, but I like this location the best. There is quite a bit of traffic in the surrounding area, but the hotel is tucked away from most of the rush. Lots of restaurants in the area (including a Corky's barbecue a mile or two away), a few right near the hotel without going out on major roads. Well finished rooms, clean, and a pleasant staff make this a good solid choice for travelers. For people who have to shop wherever they go, there is a mall and several large shopping centers in the immediate area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Foodrevue
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Foodrevue,
Thank you for taking the time to review the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. We appreciate you telling others about us. We hope to see you on your next trip to Memphis.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Spacious rooms. Great shower. Near many restaurants of all types. Service left something to be desired. At check in front desk person was on phone while two parties waited - there was another front desk person nearby who didn't come over to help. There were no luggage carts and none of the many staff in the lobby offered to help an elderly couple who was visibly having trouble and asked for help. Front desk was unable to deal with getting me connected to WiFi. The hotel is about 30 minutes from major attractions. We knew this when we checked in but if you want something closer try another hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allen S

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. I’m glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and spacious rooms. Please accept my apologies if my staff was anything less than helpful and friendly. We strive to provide exceptional service to our guests, and it sounds like we came up short during your stay. I will address your concerns with my staff to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Please allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to Memphis.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed the night here last night and I only have 2 complaints! 1.) The pull out couches in the rooms were stylish but absolutely Horrible to sleep on once folded out. The beds were wonderful though! I'm not saying I expected for the couch to be a bed of feathers but something with a little more padding would be deeply appreciated, myself and my 14 year old niece (who slept on another pull out couch in our neighboring room.) agreed that we basically slept on a bunch of springs that kept poking us all night. And 2.) Not that it's a big complaint but the pool was awful small. 3 ft was the deepest it went.. On a brighter note, the hotels Staff was Very professional and polite which in my book goes a long way! The hotel is in a great location, had a great breakfast and was clean. I also liked the fact that on the checkout sheet the manager asked the guest to give a review on here. That shows that the hotel actually cares about their consumers and wants to know how they can improve. Thanks so much for a great stay SpringHill! I will definitely recommend you all to anyone heading to Memphis :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Clara F
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Clara F,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. We truly do appreciate our guests' feedback and use it to improve our services. I'm thrilled to hear that my staff provided you with exceptional service and you enjoyed our location and complimentary breakfast. I'm sorry that the couch in your room and our indoor pool was not to your liking. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Memphis.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

It is our first trip to Memphis my husband and I stayed two nights. I want to say that Kristian Charles and Candace Woods went out of their way to be helpful and so nice to tired travelers! Marriott is VERY LUCKY and should count their blessing to have these two young women working for them! They will go far! The room was great, bed very comfortable, and room CLEAN! We will be back next time with family!

• Stayed: May 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Memawandpapaw,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the SpringHill Suites Memphis East. I'm so glad to hear that Kristian and Candace helped to make your first trip to Memphis memorable. We are very lucky to have them as a part of our team, and I will pass your kind words on to them. We look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Springhill Suites In Memphis East. What a wonderful experience. We had a birthday pool party and stayed in two of the rooms. Candice who worked in guest relations was professional, courteous, and energetic. The party was in the lobby and Candice had helped providing us with items we had forgotten. She was even aware of the programs on the TV out in the lobby as some were not age appropriate. Candice did an exceptional job. This is the forth time we had stayed or had family stay at this hotel and I have had wonderful service every time. Thank you , Sincerely , Trina M.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Trina M
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Trina M,
Thank you for your review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the SpringHill Suite Memphis East Galleria. I'm also thrilled that Candice was able to make your stay exceptional! We can't wait to have you back with us.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Word of advice ask for a room on the other side of the track. Other than that it was comfortable with nice lobby lounge area and nice staff. Good business travel hotel at good price point. It has a good comfortable area to work and have small meetings comfortably

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Nocomment26,
Thank you for letting others know about your stay at the SpringHill Suites Memphis East. I'm glad to hear that the setup of our rooms was convenient for your business travels. I'm sorry for any noise that may have disturbed your stay. We'd be more than happy to place you on the other side of the hotel during your next stay. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The employees at Springhill Suites were outstanding. They were extremely friendly and had tons of trip advise for us "out-of-staters." They had directions and tons of suggestions (places to eat, attraction, shops, etc.) handy for us. They mad it so easy. Anything that we needed they were happy to help us with. Everything there was so neat and clean. The rooms were great. It was hard for us to find a room with 3 beds, but of course we found it here! This hotel exceeded my expections. The breakfast was great, a lot of different options for it being continental. I think the hotel was in a great location. The attractions were not very far and if you needed to pick something up there is a mall and a walmart right around the corner, as well as a bunch of places to eat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Debbie B,
Thank you for your five star review! I'm so glad that my staff helped to make your stay exceptional! I'm also glad that our spacious rooms provided you with everything you needed. Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Tonya M.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Hampton Inn and Suites Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase

Been to SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria? Share your experiences!