SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria
US$228
Hampton.com
US$124
US$110
Best Western Plus Gen X Inn(Memphis)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$165
US$132
All reviewstexas roadhousegalleria mallfront deskroom was cleanindoor poolsleeper sofawould stay here againthe breakfast areaconvenient locationhot tubfree breakfastbusiness tripnice staygreat place to staymini fridgenext morningnice property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

On a recent trip to Memphis to visit Graceland we booked a room at the Springhill Suites Memphis East. We booked the room based on previous experience with Springhill Suites in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Our previous stays there were always very good. We got off to a bad start with our first assigned room having a non-functioning air conditioner. We moved our luggage to another room on the second floor.

The A/C unit there was somewhat noisy, but functional. Our room turned out to be right next to the exercise and laundry rooms, so we got some additional noise in the early evening. All was quiet by 10:00 P.M. and we slept reasonably well.

In the morning we went down to find the small breakfast area had run out of bacon and eggs which was what we wanted to eat. After about ten minutes a small quantity of each was brought out and quickly snatched up. I think what we expected was a dining area more like the large well stocked one we had at Pigeon Forge. The final irritation was the lack of luggage carts. We had to hand carry out luggage from our room to our automobile for lack of a cart. There was only one available when we arrived.

On the plus side, the ladies at the check in counter, Leigh Anne and Kathrayne (I hope I got that right) were super nice, pleasant and helpful as they could be. I think now that our expectations were set just a little too high for the hotel. We still feel Springhill Suites is a good chain and we just caught a bad day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Bob H,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. I am very sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay. I do appreciate your feedback which helps us to improve our services. Please know that we do have an additional luggage cart on order to replace the one that recently broke. I’m sorry that this caused an inconvenience for you. Also, we are working on adding more breakfast staff which should help alleviate the problems you had at breakfast. If you want to discuss your stay further or provide additional feedback, I’m always more than happy to listen and have provided my contact information. Please allow us the opportunity to make up for your less than exceptional stay on your next visit to the area.

Jill G.
Property Support Manager
901-380-9700

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I stay in a lot of Mariotts and the most important thing to me is a clean room. When I got in late last night they had few rooms left. My room had hair all over the bathroom floor and the toilet seat. It literally takes two minutes to get hair up off a bathroom floor so it frustrates me when I see this in a hotel. And there were different lengths and types of hair so obviously it is from multiple stays. I will not stay here again. I'm considering concerting my points to miles and using another chain.

Stayed: July 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Steven R,
Thank you for reviewing your stay here at the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. I’m so sorry to hear that the cleanliness of your room was not satisfactory. I appreciate your feedback and will address it with my housekeeping staff right away to ensure any deficiencies are corrected. I hope that you will reconsider and allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to Memphis.

Kristian C.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Rooms: very clean. Beds were comfy, plenty of pillows. One of my favorite things about Springhill Suites rooms is that the sheets are all white so one can see how clean linens are. I also liked that the sink/mirror is outside of the bathroom/shower so 2 people can get ready at the same time. There is a separate area for kitchen stuff (sink, small fridge, microwave, coffee maker). There is also a good-sized desk and a big sofa. In my opinion, the best aspect of this hotel is the size and the cleanliness of the rooms.

After our first night, we didn't get a refill on toiletries/TP but the rest of the stay, housekeeping were on it, even without us asking them to (which is how it should be anyway).

Front desk staff: friendly and helpful.

Free breakfast: pretty good, although they did not have have the usual waffle maker (we were missing that). Food staff not the friendliest but they were in no means rude or anything. We did notice that the only utensil to take the bread out of the toaster was a pair of metal tongs (unsafe for guests, especially the many kids we saw in the breakfast room) so we had told the front desk receptionist to mention it to the food staff, hopefully they had corrected that so there wouldn't be a risk for accidents in the future. A pleasant surprise: they had Nutella available :)

My kids enjoyed the free chocolate chip cookies at check-in. They also took advantage of the free lollipops. We liked that extra touch.

Fitness room: Small but adequate. They had a few cardio machines and lots of free weights.

Indoor pool: Small (not for swimming laps) but the kids enjoyed it. We also enjoyed the hot tub.

Location of the hotel: Close to a whole lot of eating and shopping. Probably within walking distance of the mall nearby.

Noise: Not bad at all. During online reservation, I asked for a room away from the common areas and the highest floor and they had honored that request.

Front lobby: Modern, clean, lots of seating.There are snacks/drinks available for purchase.

Military discount available.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Denise C,
Thank you for taking the time to let people know about your stay here at the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and all of their amenities. I’m also glad your family was able to take advantage of our indoor pool and complimentary breakfast. I hope that we will see you on your next trip to Memphis.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Ended up staying at this hotel because I messed up my reservation at the Fairfield Inn next door (which by the way is also a good hotel).

The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and my room was great but what I liked the most was its breakfast.

I was surprised at the variety of items available that I don't normally see at hotels of this kind. They had croissants, Nutella, sliced ham and cheese, different kinds of eggs. The lady who works in the breakfast area deserves recognition. Not only the variety of products was great but the presentation of the food items was outstanding. It made the start of my day great.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Andres B,
Thank you for your review of the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. I'm so glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast! I will pass on your kind words to my breakfast hostess. I hope we will see you again very soon.

Kind thanks,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here 9th to 15th July 2014. Location of the hotel wasn't bad. Check in to the hotel was not the most pleasant experience (for me), considering I had called the day before to update certain details. Most of the staff I met were fantastic, except for one experience where someone was very surly. Room was clean though no crockery as stated on the hotel website. Will I stay here again? Most likely not. Marriott, please work on improving your bath amenities, seriously?!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Govtpikin,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. I'm happy that you found my staff to be friendly and your room was clean. Please accept my apologies for any troubles you experienced at check in. I will address this with my front desk staff to keep it from happening in the future. I hope that you will reconsider and allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Memphis.