“Nice stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Asheville
“Nice stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed two nights (8/11-12) here and was completely happy. Staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms were clean. The beds are very comfortable. Just about an type resturant available, some within walking distance. They did offer breakfast, but we got up so late that we found it just as well to get something from nearby. I would definitel recommend this motel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank evelarchr
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Evelarchr,
Thank you for your five star review of the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria! I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, clean rooms and comfortable beds. We appreciate you recommending us to others, and hope to see you again soon.

Jill G.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I was here for about a month. They have an excellent service, the bed is really comfortable, all the personnel is really kind, they makes your experience in the hotel much better. I'd experienced some small issues with the cleaning, but as soon as I talked to the manager, I think her name is Jill (she always has a big great smile to the customer), everything gets solved immediately, and never happened again; I wish there were more managers like her. In the time I was there, all the carpet of the hotel was completely cleaned, even the carpet smelled really fresh after the cleaning. The only bad thing in here, was the breakfast, it's delicious, but after a few days, the same breakfast became kind of boring, but the breakfast is only a complimentary service, so, they do an excellent work making your stay cozy.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Andrés G,
Thank you so much for your review and for recommending the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria to others! We are so glad that our service exceeded your expectations. We take great pride in our hotel and are glad that it shines through to our guests. Please come back and see us again.

Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This is our second stay at this hotel. It is easily accessible from I 40 and there are quite a few dining options nearby. It is about 30 minutes from downtown so a good choice if you are on the road but not if you want to be close to attractions.

Room was great and the rate reasonable. Breakfast was better than usual. Well stocked and the healthy options were much appreciated - fresh fruit and turkey bacon.

The only negative was front desk service. There were two people at the desk neither one of them was knowledgeable about where to dine nor did they have any interest in helping us with directions. We had the same disappointing service last stay with different people. A real shame the caliber of the staff does not match the rooms.

One other note. Twice in a row our GPS (Google Maps on an Android phone) got us lost finding the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Traverler123,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad to hear that your recent stay was better than before. However, I'm still saddened that our front desk staff did not provide exceptional service. I appreciate your feedback and will address it with them right away. I hope that if you find yourself back in the area, you will give the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria another chance to impress you.

Semmes, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

On a recent trip to Memphis to visit Graceland we booked a room at the Springhill Suites Memphis East. We booked the room based on previous experience with Springhill Suites in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Our previous stays there were always very good. We got off to a bad start with our first assigned room having a non-functioning air conditioner. We moved our luggage to another room on the second floor.

The A/C unit there was somewhat noisy, but functional. Our room turned out to be right next to the exercise and laundry rooms, so we got some additional noise in the early evening. All was quiet by 10:00 P.M. and we slept reasonably well.

In the morning we went down to find the small breakfast area had run out of bacon and eggs which was what we wanted to eat. After about ten minutes a small quantity of each was brought out and quickly snatched up. I think what we expected was a dining area more like the large well stocked one we had at Pigeon Forge. The final irritation was the lack of luggage carts. We had to hand carry out luggage from our room to our automobile for lack of a cart. There was only one available when we arrived.

On the plus side, the ladies at the check in counter, Leigh Anne and Kathrayne (I hope I got that right) were super nice, pleasant and helpful as they could be. I think now that our expectations were set just a little too high for the hotel. We still feel Springhill Suites is a good chain and we just caught a bad day.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Bob H,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. I am very sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay. I do appreciate your feedback which helps us to improve our services. Please know that we do have an additional luggage cart on order to replace the one that recently broke. I’m sorry that this caused an inconvenience for you. Also, we are working on adding more breakfast staff which should help alleviate the problems you had at breakfast. If you want to discuss your stay further or provide additional feedback, I’m always more than happy to listen and have provided my contact information. Please allow us the opportunity to make up for your less than exceptional stay on your next visit to the area.

901-380-9700
Westover, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I stay in a lot of Mariotts and the most important thing to me is a clean room. When I got in late last night they had few rooms left. My room had hair all over the bathroom floor and the toilet seat. It literally takes two minutes to get hair up off a bathroom floor so it frustrates me when I see this in a hotel. And there were different lengths and types of hair so obviously it is from multiple stays. I will not stay here again. I'm considering concerting my points to miles and using another chain.

Stayed July 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Steven R,
Thank you for reviewing your stay here at the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. I’m so sorry to hear that the cleanliness of your room was not satisfactory. I appreciate your feedback and will address it with my housekeeping staff right away to ensure any deficiencies are corrected. I hope that you will reconsider and allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to Memphis.

Kristian C.
Assistant General Manager
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Rooms: very clean. Beds were comfy, plenty of pillows. One of my favorite things about Springhill Suites rooms is that the sheets are all white so one can see how clean linens are. I also liked that the sink/mirror is outside of the bathroom/shower so 2 people can get ready at the same time. There is a separate area for kitchen stuff (sink, small fridge, microwave, coffee maker). There is also a good-sized desk and a big sofa. In my opinion, the best aspect of this hotel is the size and the cleanliness of the rooms.

After our first night, we didn't get a refill on toiletries/TP but the rest of the stay, housekeeping were on it, even without us asking them to (which is how it should be anyway).

Front desk staff: friendly and helpful.

Free breakfast: pretty good, although they did not have have the usual waffle maker (we were missing that). Food staff not the friendliest but they were in no means rude or anything. We did notice that the only utensil to take the bread out of the toaster was a pair of metal tongs (unsafe for guests, especially the many kids we saw in the breakfast room) so we had told the front desk receptionist to mention it to the food staff, hopefully they had corrected that so there wouldn't be a risk for accidents in the future. A pleasant surprise: they had Nutella available :)

My kids enjoyed the free chocolate chip cookies at check-in. They also took advantage of the free lollipops. We liked that extra touch.

Fitness room: Small but adequate. They had a few cardio machines and lots of free weights.

Indoor pool: Small (not for swimming laps) but the kids enjoyed it. We also enjoyed the hot tub.

Location of the hotel: Close to a whole lot of eating and shopping. Probably within walking distance of the mall nearby.

Noise: Not bad at all. During online reservation, I asked for a room away from the common areas and the highest floor and they had honored that request.

Front lobby: Modern, clean, lots of seating.There are snacks/drinks available for purchase.

Military discount available.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Denise C,
Thank you for taking the time to let people know about your stay here at the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and all of their amenities. I’m also glad your family was able to take advantage of our indoor pool and complimentary breakfast. I hope that we will see you on your next trip to Memphis.

Tonya M.
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Ended up staying at this hotel because I messed up my reservation at the Fairfield Inn next door (which by the way is also a good hotel).

The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and my room was great but what I liked the most was its breakfast.

I was surprised at the variety of items available that I don't normally see at hotels of this kind. They had croissants, Nutella, sliced ham and cheese, different kinds of eggs. The lady who works in the breakfast area deserves recognition. Not only the variety of products was great but the presentation of the food items was outstanding. It made the start of my day great.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Andres B,
Thank you for your review of the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. I'm so glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast! I will pass on your kind words to my breakfast hostess. I hope we will see you again very soon.

Tonya M.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis

Been to SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria? Share your experiences!