“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #108 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
San Jose
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The rooms were clean and the beds were super comfortable. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the staff was very friendly. Great rooms for a great price. We will definitely be staying here during our next trip to Memphis.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nepala W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Warminster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have never seen a more disgusting room. There were rips and stains on the sofa. The floor was never vacuumed as far as I could tell. My husband and I wore flipflops rather than walk on the carpet for fear of what we might step on. The sheets did not look clean so I asked for another set which I put on top of the other ones. THey did not offer to remake the bed for us. There was no fixture just bare light bulkbs in the bathroom and the smoke detector was removed. This was the worst experience of my trip. Thank goodness we only had to stay one night since no cancellation was available for this stay. A horrrible experience in a horrible location. Uuugh I think pictures of the rooms need to be honest and up to date. These definitely were not!! . Do not stay I don't recommend thiis hotel.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank segalsmith
fayetteville
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I recently stayed in this Hotel. Upon entering the room i went staight to the bed to check for bed bugs at that time i didn't see any. So i went on thinking it was ok. when i awoke the next day and pulled the blanknt back over the bed i looked down and there it was. i did call the manager to the room and show it to her. She claimed the bed and bedding was brand new. To me it was a cover up story, When i asked for my money back they said they'll send me a check but i paid with cash.

Room Tip: Please make sure to ask question and inspected the room
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I should have read the reviews already here before I booked this place...

I was traveling alone on my way to a new job and just wanted a place that was cheap, with free internet. I didn't realize until I got here that the hotel is in kind of a seedy area. There are no real restaurants around, only fast food places to go to for dinner. I checked in fairly early and was planning to use the internet but couldn't keep a signal on my computer. I called the front desk about it but the situation didn't improve.

The room seemed okay but the keyless entry didn't work easily and, as it was explained to me, you had to jimmy the handle to get it to lock correctly on exiting the room.

I found things on the floor like bobby pins and wrapped soap from the previous stay that gave the impression that the place hadn't really been vacuumed or otherwise cleaned.

As I was starting to settle down to go to sleep ~12am, a MOUSE ran across the floor and disappeared. I moved to a new room down the hall (where the internet actually works), but only at my request and I have not been offered any sort of a refund or discount on my stay. This place is horrible. I travel a lot but this is probably the worst hotel I have ever ever stayed in.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Meredith32665
Trinidad
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The front desk staff do not look professional and did not wear shoes, although the lady was very helpful when I asked directions for a park. The entrance lobby smells slightly of curry and hallways are musty. The rooms however do not have the musty or curry smell. The rooms and bathroom are clean and the bed is comfortable. The appearance of the room is however somewhat tired and old looking.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Brian R
Conway, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I just visited this motel 4/20/2012. The outside looks nothing like the picture(photo shop??) I didnt have a reservation but did talk to the owner about coming to town and be able to get a room which she said would be no problem. When I arrived the clerk gave me a room, the room was not even cleaned and smelled like marijuana. went back up to the front counter and he gave us a key to another room, which was occupied. on the third and final try we finally got a room that wasnt occupied or wouldnt give me a contact high. the covers were dirty,the couch ahd dried up white stains on it???????UGH!!! We paid 64.00 dollars for the rooma nd it was not worth it. I went to the store and bought sheets to lay on across the bed. The shower looked like it had not been cleaned in about a month( scrubbing bubbles works really well!!!), and the t.v kept goin out. I do not reccomend this hotel for anyone. Lets not even mention the continental breakfast. But I did search and find another hotel/motel that was better......Extended stay america- poplar ave. They saved my second night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anicesmiler
Zeist, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The rooms of the Econo Lodge are nice and look like they've been updated somewhere in the last 5 years or so.

Downside is the service and the noise. Half of the stuff for the breakfast was out at 8:30 and didn't get refilled. Also the tables didn't get cleaned during the time guests had breakfast.

The rooms are noisy, due to the location right next to a busy intersection. There is free WiFi in the hotel, but with very bad reception.

• Stayed April 2012