“Disgusting!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #109 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Do not stay at this mess! Went to check in explained to front desk that I just had left another place that wasn't clean.. she said I understand we have clean rooms here.. first of all I should have known better when I seen some sheets hanging over the balcony and it was hot inside...got to my first room on the bed side table there was... You know what too much to type... Don't stay here you will be mad!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank NDWILSON

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I am late on this review, but I was checking in to write another and realized I needed to write it. Very sketchy clientel, saw a condom in the parking lot (Ill leave it at that), horrible service, noise until 4 AM including people screaming and arguing outside our window in parking lot. Repeated calls to front desk, and they didn't do anything about it. Room was disgusting- I accidentally spilled some water, and used a towel to blot it- and evidence of filth came right up. Miserable the entire night. DO NOT STAY here. PLEASE.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mota73
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel and the rooms smelled. The sheets were stained. Walls and carpets were dirty. Do not believe the positive reviews. Sleeping on the floor at the airport (our other option when our plane was diverted to Memphis) would have been better.

Room Tip: The only way to choose a good room is to stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Adam336336
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The stay was very relaxing and we will come back when we return to memphis. The staff is very professional and friendly. I strongly recommend this location! Very pleasant and enjoyed the delicious breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2013

It was very good stay in this Econolodge.friendly staff good service,, clean room and bathroom. I enjoyed brackfast in the morning..comfortable bed. Good location on hwy 78 and american way..I stay in this econo every week

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Albert L
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Toilet did not flush properly, never received service.
Called front desk 3 times no answer.
Went to front desk, reported my dissatisfaction, told them I did not want to be disturbed.
Put do not disturb sign on door.
Awoken by phone call 15 minutes later.
ink cracked.
No way to take a bath.
Breakfast was terrible.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, it is not even passable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David F
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My mother, younger brother and I stayed at this hotel Memorial Day weekend and well....I should have made the reservations instead of waiting on my mother. I try to NEVER stay at an Econo Lodge, especially having once worked at one, and the first 2 nights I honestly was surprised. Surprised to find an empty shampoo bottle in the shower and the plate missing from the microwave and those were the only 2 complaints but the 2rd night changed it all!!! We had to check out and back in due to a family emergency and the rooms were gross and outdated! I guess one side of the hotel is decent. I told the young lady at the desk that the coffee was out and her response was that breakfast is over at 9....IT WAS ONLY 8:30!!! On the 3rd night my rooms remote wasn't working and that took over an hour before they fixed it and my mother's room didn't have a remote and that took right at an hour to get one!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family