“Excellent Convenient Hotel”

Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
Ranked #7 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I travel a great deal and have to be in Memphis at least one trip a month. I have tried several hotels in Memphis and recently decided to try Staybridge. The front desk staff were all professional and extremely friendly. The rooms were very clean. The highlight of my stay was the meals. There is a buffet type reception (Monday thru Thursday nights) and a breakfast buffet. The evening reception also included wine and beer. (Sam Adams on Draft!!!!) They even have a chef that prepares the meals. I have decided to make this my new "home" while in Memphis. I highly recommend this hotel--you will be gald you chose Staybridge. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bamafanintennessee
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

I'm happy you finally found us!! We enjoy all our guests but especially our corporate travelers. We have a goal to make our hotel your home while you're here, not just another hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. As with all reviews, I'll gladly share your comments with our team. Of course, we love to hear when someone such as yourself is happy with their experience, but, we also learn from our mis-steps and try to correct them immediately. We're glad to have made another Staybridge "FAN". We hope to see you again soon. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager

Reviewed 23 April 2012

It took me years of different hotel rooms experiences to finally "land" at Staybridge Suites while staying in Memphis on our several trips to "Elvis Town". Now, for the second year in a row i can say that this is our definite place to stay for all future trips - if nothing unexpected will happen. As the leader of a group of 14 people who was responsible for the decision to stay at this hotel i am very glad that everybody that was travelling with me said the same about the stay at Staybridge Suites: "Great Place to stay" and similar :-)
Rooms are clean, breakfast is good, service is great. Only thing left to say is "Keep up that good work" and greetings to Damon at the desk who was exceptionally friendly and always greeting when he saw us. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank FTD-Elvis-Fan-Club
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for joining us with your friends from Austria. Your group is always such a pleasure to have as our guests. I hope we can continue to be your choice whenever you come back for another visit with Elvis. Our team had as much fun with your group as your group had in Memphis. Thank you for letting us know how the visit went. I will certainly let the team know about your comments, especially Damon who made such an impression. I look forward to your trip next year. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Great service, clean rooms, excellent dining area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you so much for the review. It is always great to hear from another satisfied guest. I hope you will come back to stay with us on any and all of your visits to Memphis. Thank you again for taking your time to tell us and the world about your time in our hotel. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I have never taken the time to write a review before, but decided this hotel deserved it. My daughter and I just recently spent a week at this hotel. She was recovering from knee surgery thus needing a good layout with extra space and a kitchen. This hotel was perfect. The staff went above and beyond in making sure we had what we needed. Probably the best service I've had in a long while. The room was spacious with a comfortable king bed, plus a full kitchen (minus an oven) and nice living area. Flat screen TV's in both the bedroom and living room was really nice with DVD capability in the living room an added plus. Complimentary breakfast each morning was such a nice benefit and the Mon-Thurs evening reception was awesome too. Free laundry service with five washers and dryers was the icing on the cake. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Location is in a nice quiet area with easy access to highways, and the price was very reasonable. Thanks Staybridge for a great stay!

Room Tip: If booking a Staybridge Suites online, I would recommend calling the location directly first to make...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank SKW0810
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

We are excited that we were able to prompt your first review on TripAdvisor. Having you and your daughter stay with us was a sincere pleasure. We only wish it hadn't had to be for a medical issue. I hope you will come back to see us when everyone is healthy and you are able to enjoy our city. Thank you for taking this opportunity to review our hotel and thank you for the very kind words. I will make sure this gets passed along to the entire team. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have stayed at Staybridge on my last two trips to Memphis and both experiences were great! All the staff members were so friendly and helpful. The chef was always in the dining room chatting away to everyone whenever I came down for the Sundowner nights. The guys at the desk always gave great advice on places to go or eat etc. One guy even remembered me from the last time I was there dispite it being 18months between visits! I always felt safe as well,even though I was travelling alone. I defiantly plan on coming back again in August for my birthday! I can't fault their hotel or services :)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Great to have you back!! Return guests are always great to have. Thank you for choosing us while you are here in Memphis and thank you for the terrific review of your stay. We all hope to see you again in August to help you celebrate your birthday. Thanks for being such a loyal guest. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We have never stay and a Staybridge and were really impressed with the quality of the room,service, location for the amount of money they charged. Will look for more Staybridge hotels in our travels.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

I can't begin to tell you how happy we are that you discovered the Staybridge Suites brand of hotels. Needless to say, we're all pretty proud of them. I'm even happier that you found us in Memphis. It's always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay. I hope this won't be your last visit to Memphis and we would love for you to stay with us again. Thank you for taking your valuable time to complete this review. We all look forward to seeing you again. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I had the pleasure to stay with Staybridge Suites Memphis for two weeks. I will absolutely request to stay here again when I'm in town for training again. The staff was extremely friendly and the rooms were very comfortable with all the comforts of home away from home. The morning breakfast crew was always friendly and the food was great. "Chef" always greeted our group in the evening and did his best to take great care of us through the social hour. He was friendly and went out of his way to make us feel welcome and cared for. Damon went out of his way to make sure our group had directions, coupons, and recommendations for local food and shopping. The hotel is located in a great, low-traffic, commercial area where you can walk or run safely outdoors during nice weather. Target and other shopping and restaurants are within walking distance if you don't want to drive or shuttle. This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AMS587

Your review means a lot to us. We are always happy to hear of another satisfied guest. We have a great team who takes great pride in the job they do in providing an ultimate customer service experience. I will certainly make sure that they all see your review, especally Damon and L.B. Thank you for telling us about your stay and we look forward to your next trip to Memphis. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager