“Staybridge Suites, Popular East, Memphis” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East

Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
Ranked #2 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
nashville,tn
“Staybridge Suites, Popular East, Memphis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

All of the staff are so pleasure and helpful. LB the food is delicious and dining area is always clean. Damain works at the front desk and has an excellent personality. All employees are kind. We love staying at that one location, close to shopping and easy drive to downtown. When you're on business and working during the day, it sure is nice to have an excellent free dinner in the hotel. LOVE it.

1 Thank elizabeth w
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for the great review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and are happy to hear about L.. B. and Damon taking such good care of you. I will be sure to pass this along to them and the entire team. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are back in town. Best regards, Bob Cox.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I am extremely picky when it comes to cleanliness of a hotel and this hotel was very clean. I used to live in Memphis (about 4 years ago) and wasn't sure what to expect from this hotel. Others in the area and in the downtown area that cost much more had disappointed me so I was pleasantly surprised to find this hotel. I would stay here again and again. I had business in the downtown area/Madison Avenue area and the drive down Poplar was pleasant and easy. There were many great things about my experience. The fitness center was very nice and open 24 hours. The hotel staff was very kind and helpful. The breakfast was amazing! I couldn't believe the amount of food...the taste...I mean, this is a free breakfast! The cook on staff actually made me a waffle one morning. This is not your typical continental breakfast. It was like a mini breakfast buffet at a restaurant. Overall I must say that out of all the resorts and other hotels I have stayed at, the hotel staff at this Staybridge outdid themselves. I highly recommend this to anyone else who is as picky as I am about where they stay. Thanks!

1 Thank Shannon S
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
What better compliment can there be than one about our team? I am very proud of the group that surrounds me and am always excited to hear such great compliments. Thank you for finding us! I know you have many choices between here and the downtown area, and I do hope you will continue to visit us whenever you are back our way. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this review. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I travel a great deal and have to be in Memphis at least one trip a month. I have tried several hotels in Memphis and recently decided to try Staybridge. The front desk staff were all professional and extremely friendly. The rooms were very clean. The highlight of my stay was the meals. There is a buffet type reception (Monday thru Thursday nights) and a breakfast buffet. The evening reception also included wine and beer. (Sam Adams on Draft!!!!) They even have a chef that prepares the meals. I have decided to make this my new "home" while in Memphis. I highly recommend this hotel--you will be gald you chose Staybridge. I can't wait to go back.

1 Thank Bamafanintennessee
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
I'm happy you finally found us!! We enjoy all our guests but especially our corporate travelers. We have a goal to make our hotel your home while you're here, not just another hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. As with all reviews, I'll gladly share your comments with our team. Of course, we love to hear when someone such as yourself is happy with their experience, but, we also learn from our mis-steps and try to correct them immediately. We're glad to have made another Staybridge "FAN". We hope to see you again soon. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Vienna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

It took me years of different hotel rooms experiences to finally "land" at Staybridge Suites while staying in Memphis on our several trips to "Elvis Town". Now, for the second year in a row i can say that this is our definite place to stay for all future trips - if nothing unexpected will happen. As the leader of a group of 14 people who was responsible for the decision to stay at this hotel i am very glad that everybody that was travelling with me said the same about the stay at Staybridge Suites: "Great Place to stay" and similar :-)
Rooms are clean, breakfast is good, service is great. Only thing left to say is "Keep up that good work" and greetings to Damon at the desk who was exceptionally friendly and always greeting when he saw us. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank FTD-Elvis-Fan-Club
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for joining us with your friends from Austria. Your group is always such a pleasure to have as our guests. I hope we can continue to be your choice whenever you come back for another visit with Elvis. Our team had as much fun with your group as your group had in Memphis. Thank you for letting us know how the visit went. I will certainly let the team know about your comments, especially Damon who made such an impression. I look forward to your trip next year. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.
los angles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Great service, clean rooms, excellent dining area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you so much for the review. It is always great to hear from another satisfied guest. I hope you will come back to stay with us on any and all of your visits to Memphis. Thank you again for taking your time to tell us and the world about your time in our hotel. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I have never taken the time to write a review before, but decided this hotel deserved it. My daughter and I just recently spent a week at this hotel. She was recovering from knee surgery thus needing a good layout with extra space and a kitchen. This hotel was perfect. The staff went above and beyond in making sure we had what we needed. Probably the best service I've had in a long while. The room was spacious with a comfortable king bed, plus a full kitchen (minus an oven) and nice living area. Flat screen TV's in both the bedroom and living room was really nice with DVD capability in the living room an added plus. Complimentary breakfast each morning was such a nice benefit and the Mon-Thurs evening reception was awesome too. Free laundry service with five washers and dryers was the icing on the cake. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Location is in a nice quiet area with easy access to highways, and the price was very reasonable. Thanks Staybridge for a great stay!

Room Tip: If booking a Staybridge Suites online, I would recommend calling the location directly first to make...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank SKW0810
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
We are excited that we were able to prompt your first review on TripAdvisor. Having you and your daughter stay with us was a sincere pleasure. We only wish it hadn't had to be for a medical issue. I hope you will come back to see us when everyone is healthy and you are able to enjoy our city. Thank you for taking this opportunity to review our hotel and thank you for the very kind words. I will make sure this gets passed along to the entire team. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
NewZealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have stayed at Staybridge on my last two trips to Memphis and both experiences were great! All the staff members were so friendly and helpful. The chef was always in the dining room chatting away to everyone whenever I came down for the Sundowner nights. The guys at the desk always gave great advice on places to go or eat etc. One guy even remembered me from the last time I was there dispite it being 18months between visits! I always felt safe as well,even though I was travelling alone. I defiantly plan on coming back again in August for my birthday! I can't fault their hotel or services :)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Great to have you back!! Return guests are always great to have. Thank you for choosing us while you are here in Memphis and thank you for the terrific review of your stay. We all hope to see you again in August to help you celebrate your birthday. Thanks for being such a loyal guest. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.