“I will come back”

Ranked #11 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Long Beach, New York
“I will come back”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I travel a LOT for my job, and after staying HERE, I now look for Staybridge Suites. This was such a comfortable place...clean, food was great (with a breakfast buffet like I've never seen before!), and the staff was exceptionally friendly. I even made a POINT of going back to tip someone that I couldn't previously because I had no cash in my pocket. THAT says something. I loved the hospitality, location was easy to/from the airport, and YOU CAN EVEN DO YOUR LAUNDRY THERE!! Yes..you heard me right. That is a godsend for any business traveler that is on the road a lot. Five Stars in my book, just on service alone! :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We sure do hope you will come back. For someone that travels much, I am glad to hear that you will look for Staybridge Suites for now on. I definitely do when I travel. It is also good to hear that enjoyed our stay. Thank you for taking the time to even come back and tip the staff. I am sure you made their day. It is always nice to know you are appreciated. I am glad you found our staff and hotel hospitable. If you ever are back in Memphis, we are always here if you need a place to stay. We hope to see you soon! Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Polish first
Ontario
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed for a few days while checking out Memphis. We had a car with us so the drive to downtown was not a big deal and we appreciated the calm and quiet after staying in a couple of other cities.

The value cannot be beat! I had done laundry in Austin, but did it again here as it was complimentary and there were a number of machines unlike the much larger hotel in Austin that had only one washer and one dryer. Tues-Thurs there is an evening reception with food, beer, wine, pop, juice, and hot beverages. My husband loved grabbing a beer before dinner! The breakfasts had a great variety and the coffee was excellent. We never had a problem getting a seat in the morning, but we were there through the week and at breakfast before 9 so it may have been busier later. We loved eating on actual plates with real cutlery after a couple of weeks of styrofoam and plastic.

Our room was spacious and clean.

The only small issues were that the front desk was unmanned when we arrived and parking was tough during the evening reception.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We definitely can be calm and relaxing when compared to a downtown atmosphere. I am glad you find it that way. I am sorry to hear about your laundry experience in Austin. I am pleased that you were able to access our with ease. Just like your husband, there are plenty of people that love to grad a beer whether they visit with us during the Social or on the run. It is good to hear you did not experience heavy traffic during breakfast and found no issues with seating. However, I do apologize for any and all inconvenience upon checking in and parking. Unfortunately, our front desk are pulled away to deal with issues within the hotel. I hope you did not have to wait too long. And for the parking, I also do apologize. During our Social, you will find our hotel the busiest. Overall, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. If you are back in Memphis, please come back and visit. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Staybridge for two nights, in the area for medical purposes. Hotel staff always greeted us with a smile whether it be in hallway or at front desk, suite was large and spotless! Breakfast was plentiful. Added bonus- washer/drier on site and free of charge. Pool large and clean. Will return!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ganurse1234
There is nothing wrong with being labeled perfect! I am glad to hear that you did enjoy your stay with us. It makes my day when I hear that guests are greeted with smiles from our team. Dryers/Washers are definitely an added bonus when traveling whether you are by yourself or with family. I do appreciate you taking the time to review our property. If you are ever back in Memphis, please come back and stay with us. We would love to have you as our guest once again. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights while in Memphis. I wasn't aware when booking this hotel that it was so far out of the main downtown area of Memphis. This wasn't an issue for us as we had a car but it is something to be aware of when booking.
Overall the hotel was great. Checkin staff were friendly. Rooms were huge, nicely furnished, our room had a kitchen.
The only downside was the "complimentary" breakfast. It's fine, as long as you can get a seat. The room didnt have nearly enough seats for the amount of guests wanting to sit and eat breakfast. We ended up sitting on ottomans and eating off a coffee table. Very poor.
Overall though the hotel is good for the price. I would just go elsewhere for breakfast.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear of your experience regarding location as well as breakfast. We are definitely not located in downtown. Even though we are conveniently located right of the interstate and not too far away, I do understand the issues if one was looking to stay closer to downtown. I also apologize for your breakfast experience. Unfortunately, there are times which guests fill our great room to capacity making it difficult at times for others. Typically in these situations, we open our meeting room up for more seats. I am sorry this was not one of those times. Otherwise, I am glad to hear the rest of your experience was great. Hopefully, it will make up for our couple of downsides. I do hope your visit to Memphis was enjoyable. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.
Lincoln, NE
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed for two nights. We wanted to do some sightseeing at Graceland and Sun Records but didn't want to deal with the downtown traffic. This area seemed like it was in a business area. It was a bit of a maze to get into but just fine once we found our way!
We decided to stay for about the same rate here for a larger room and quieter area (and free parking) vs the downtown area where we would have to pay for parking at some hotels.
The breakfast was great each morning before we got out and about.
I was upgraded to a larger room which was nice to have the extra space -- full size frig with ice maker, bedroom separate from living room/kitchen area, microwave, stove with a lot of kitichen essentials, plates, silverware, etc.
Employees were helpful. I would easily stay here again!

We really enjoyed the Sun Records Tour of 45 min over the 4 hr tour of Graceland.
The trick for Sun Records is finding a parking in the very small free parking lot to the right of the entrance. The tour guide was excellent here -- he loved his job!!!
The drive to Graceland wasn't too long -- about 20 minutes max. The tour at Graceland lacked a lot of enthusiasm which is sad for whom the tour represented --Elvis--- who seemed to radiate energy. We even upgraded to the $70 tour which really only got us to the front of the line but we still had people crowding all around us and we didn't have to wait in the line to go back to the parking and shops area. If you had a person with you that had some physical limitations this would be good but the extra parts for the tour weren't worth it. It was all an audio tour. My headset didn't work so I used my own ear plugs!

1 Thank SusC
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during your visit in Memphis to tour Graceland. We are sorry to hear that you experience to Graceland was not as pleasurable as you would have liked. However, we are glad you really enjoyed Sun Studios. These are two of the best places to visit if you want to experience Elvis. I do want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are definitely located in a quiet part of Memphis and conveniently located within the Memphis area. As you may have found us tricky to find, we just like to say that we are one of the best secrets of Memphis tucked away. If you do ever find yourself back in Memphis, please do not hesitate to give us a call. We would love to have you as our guest once again. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.
Slinger, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a 2 room suite for 5 people and it worked out great. Nice decor, clean, large, well stocked kitchen, quality linens and free laundry. Breakfast was good and varried. Very nice pool area with grills if you get tired of eating out. Decent sized gym and common areas for watching TV someplace other than your room. Located in a quiet, tree lined neighborhood with restaurants and shopping nearby and easy access to interstate. Free internet and snacks on week nights.

Room Tip: Our room over-looked the pool on the 2nd floor and was convenient as well as quiet.
1 Thank TravelingMary2013
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
I do want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and post such a pleasant response. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that if you ever come back to Memphis, please do not hesitate to give us a call. We would be happy to have your as our guest once again. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We've been staying here on our annual Memphis visits for the past several years. The location is in a quiet area just off very busy East Poplar. Restaurants and shopping are nearby and there is easy access to the Interstate highways. Breakfast is very good quality and the variety of the food is better than most. Free laundry facility, exercise room and business center. Weeknight evening snack with beer and wine included. Large, clean, well maintained, suites, two large flat screen TV's, WiFi. Staff was always friendly and helpful. We will continue to use Staybridge and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
It is always nice to hear that our guests are satisfied on more than one stay. We are also pleased to know that you decide to visit with us during your times in Memphis. I do thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are always happy to have you as our guest and look forward to you coming back. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.