“excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We always make an effort to stay at SBS hotels when we travel because they are consistently clean, quiet, comfortable and we have always been greeted by helpful friendly people. The SBS in Memphis proved once again that we made the right choice! Debra even went out of her way to make more oatmeal for our breakfast after they had run out! Our stay was perfect and we will definitely recommend SBS to others! Thank you also, for the free laundry services!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
When I travel, I always look for a Staybridge Suites myself. It is not because I work for one but because of what Staybridge Suites all around have to offer. I am happy to hear that we think the same and you found our hotel to be of Staybridge Suites standards. I do expect nothing less than what you mentioned. Even though we may fall short at times, I am glad that we did not disappoint during your trip. I will have to mention to Debra the nice things you have to say. I am glad she took care of you. We do hope that you will come back and visit with us if you are ever back in Memphis. Our laundry room will always be complimentary when you get back. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
Erlanger, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I cannot say enough good things about our time at Staybridge. The front desk staff were wonderful - day, evening and late night. Breakfast was tasty and somewhat different each day. The lady who was working the breakfast room was so sweet. The room was clean, well stocked, even smelled fresh. If we get the chance to come back to Memphis we will be staying their again. A big thanks to everyone for making our stay so welcoming!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you really liked staying with us. When we hear a guest says such good things, we know we have succeeded in our duties. I am very pleased to hear that you found all aspects of the hotel enjoyable from breakfast to the front desk. We would be honored to have you as a guest once again. So, if you are ever back to Memphis, we would for you to visit with us. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I recently had to start coming to Memphis for work and this is now the place where I stay. It's a great hotel! The staff is all extremely nice and helpful, the rooms are very clean, and the bed is comfortable. During the week there is food and drink available in the evening and a full hot breakfast in the morning.

The pool looks nice although I have never swam in it. The fitness center is a good size with a lot of equipment. My only complaint is the treadmills. There are two but they are both pretty rickety and shake when you run.

I've had a great experience with every stay and highly recommend it if you need a place in Memphis area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank OutdoorsFamily
We are grateful to hear that Staybridge Suites is your place to stay when traveling to Memphis for business. I am glad to hear that you find our hotel satisfying especially that our staff is nice and helpful. Our Socials in the evening are a great time to wind down and visit with other guests. I am glad you get to attend these times. Hopefully, you will get the chance to try our pool before it is time to close it. I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with our treadmills. With them being just over a year old, I would not think of them to be an issue. We will definitely take a look into this issue. We do hope to see you again soon. And thank you for taking the time for reviewing our hotel. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed in a suite at this hotel and there was plenty of room for our family of 5. Comfortable beds, very clean rooms, and a great breakfast buffet. The only drawback was lack of parking. Would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Janet L
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
We are pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay. I am also happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your family of 5 with plenty of room. During travels, I can always hope for a comfortable bed since it is not the familiar one back home. It is nice to hear that you found ours comfortable for your stay as well as finding your room very clean. The breakfast buffet is always a nice plus too. I do apologize for the parking. I wish we could have been more accommodating for you in this aspect. However, if you do travel back to Memphis, please do not hesitate to give us a call. We would love to have you as our guest. And thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I travel for work roughly 9-10 months per year so I am ALWAYS in a hotel but this is the first time I've ever felt compelled to write a review about my stay. The entire staff was excellent; from phone conversations pre-arrival to the sincere good byes from the staff when I checked out. The hotel is in a great part of town. Only minutes from the airport and downtown is not much farther. Really good restaurants within minutes of the hotel. Also, the kitchen was a nice touch as well as the BBQ grills near the pool make for a relaxing afternoon. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel to anyone staying in or near Mempis. You will not regret it!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Josh M
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Josh, it was a pleasure to have you as our guest during your stay here. You had become part of our family during your lengthy stay. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I know we were all sadden by your departure. However, if you are ever back in town, please come back and visit. There is a grill outside by the pool with your name on it. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was a great find and I would give it 4.5 if I could! It's a little off the beaten path, but that's a good thing in Memphis.

We stayed in a 2 queen bed suite and were more than satisfied with the room. The property was quiet, well kept, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The room had a kitchen and living area, outside of the bedroom area. The bathroom area was also nice as it had a vanity sink and mirror outside of the toilet/shower area. This made getting ready in the morning much quicker.

The only "knock" on the stay was the parking. If you weren't in the hotel early in the evening, you had to park in an adjoining lot shared with a restaurant, or in the rear of the property that wasn't well lit.

All in all a good stay and definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors mean quieter rooms!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy you decided to stay with us and give us a try. While we may be off the beaten path somewhat, I do hope you did not have any trouble tracking us down. I am happy to hear you were satisfied with your choice of our double queen room. I do want to apologize for your parking issues. Unfortunately, we are quite busy causing our parking lots to fill fast. Regarding the lighting, thank you for bringing that up. That is something we will definitely check. Overall, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. If you are ever back in Memphis, we do hope you will come back and visit with us again. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights over the July 4th holiday visiting family. Great location and tucked away with easy access to I-240, shopping and plenty of restaurants in the area. The suite with separate living and bedroom area was ideal for our daughters who slept in the sofa bed. TVs in both area and full kitchen was awesome. Hot breakfast offered plenty of choices. Staff was friendly. Washer & dryers were free of charge to use so added bonus. Enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
We are grateful you and your family had a great experience during your visit over the 4th of July weekend. It is nice to hear you think we are perfect for families. I am glad that you found our rooms spacious enough for your entire family. It is nice just to have that separate living room any time during traveling. I do hope you were able to visit the various shops and enjoy some good food from surrounding restaurants in our area. I am also glad to hear you like our washers/dryers, but I am sorry if you had to wash clothes during your vacation time. It seems to be a theme as of lately that guests are really enjoying our complimentary laundry room. I am glad you enjoyed it. And if you are ever back this way, please do not hesitate to give us a call. We would be glad to have you as our guest again. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.