“solid property, great for families”

Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
Ranked #8 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 23 August 2014

There was room for our family of 5 in the 2 queen suite, though the pull out mattress wasn't the most comfortable. It was clean and the staff was very nice. The exercise room is small but certainly has enough to get a workout in. The breakfast was a nice surprise and seemed a step up from most similar hotels. We were able to get scrambled eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, oatmeal, bananas, hard boiled eggs and fruit. It wasn't just the junky waffles and cereal that you often find. I also thought the coffee was quite good! We would definitely consider staying here again if in the Memphis area. And it was affordable too! The location was kind of boring, that's the only reason for 4 stars. It's in the middle of an office park area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Staybridge Suites Memphis. I am also glad to hear that there was enough room for your family. However, I do apologize for you not finding the sleeper sofa being too comfortable during your stay. I do hope you enjoyed our breakfast thoroughly. It is one of the better reasons to visit Staybridge Suites when traveling. Complimentary breakfast is a great benefit to enjoy when on the road. I, myself, do enjoy the coffee very much as well. I wait until I get to work to have my first cup of coffee in the morning. While we are conveniently located in East Memphis, I do hope that you enjoyed your time with us even though we are not as close to some of the attractions in Memphis as other hotels may be. I do hope this did not deter you from coming back to visit us again. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Extremely clean and comfortable. Nice pool area and breakfast. Had an issue with our reservation and had one bed instead of two but the general manager took care of it. Great staff that was very helpful. Would stay again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to see that you had a great stay. I do apologize again for the issue with your reservation of only having one bed instead of two. I am happy that we were able to rectify the issue for you. I am also happy to see that you found our hotel clean and comfortable. These are definitely top priorities with the majority of travelers. I do hope you were able to enjoy the pool and breakfast as much as possible. And I am pleased to hear that you would stay here again. We would love to have you as our guest again. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you ever make it back this way. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Was very impressed by the general appearance of the hotel. The grounds were nicely maintained, the lobby and dining area were clean and welcoming, the staff were nice and cheerful, the room was spacious and comfortable. I travel quite a bit for work and appreciate having more than a bed and a chair. Being able to have a refrigerator in the room is a must for me, and the full kitchen was a great bonus. The food was actually very good, curried, poached fish and yellow rice is something I'd expect at a nice restaurant. The hotel is located in an office park but is very accessible to shopping and attractions. Next time I'm in Memphis, I hope to be able to stay here again.

Room Tip: I chose one on the bottom floor to be convenient to an outside door. No noise from the floor above m...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ann B
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to see that you had a terrific stay finding the grounds well maintained and the hotel clean. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy one of our suites with more than just a chair. I do hope you were in a king suite with the separate living room. Full size refrigerators are definitely for a plus for our travelers or even myself when I am on the road. I am pleased you had time to enjoy our Social. It is yet another treat that our guests enjoy. When you do come back for work or just to visit, please give us a call. We would love to have you as our guest once again. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was not the hotel I originally wanted to stay in. However, the rate was better, so I thought I'd try it out. What a great choice! They overbooked my room, so I got upgraded! The suite was nicely decorated and clean with a full kitchen. The bed was really comfy. Breakfast was great! My favorite part - they had a large selection with different hot food each morning (scrambled eggs one day, cheese omelets the next, etc.) They also have free washers & dryers for laundry. At first, the washer wouldn't work, but Nick promptly came and fixed it! The front staff and maintenance were very nice. There is no housekeeping on the weekends (unless you ask for it), but I didn't need the extra towels or anything. Parking was fine. The area is nice - right down the street from Target & other shopping. Room was pretty quite. You could hear doors closing, but nothing I would consider "loud" for a hotel. The A/C was central with digital thermostat, not just a wall unit. The only thing that could be improved is the TV channel selection. There weren't that many channels, so I ended up watching the same movie both nights. If you're going for vacation, you probably wont' be spending much time watching TV anyway. The wifi was a little slower than home, but worked fine. I didn't use the pool, but it looked clean as well and you can grill by the pool. Overall it was excellent - loved the room and the breakfast. Would definitely stay again. For the money, it was a great value.

3  Thank HCRCDR
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Even though we were not your first choice, I am pleased that you gave us a chance. It seems like it was a good choice overall. I do apologize for the inconveniences of the washer and dryer down to the wifi. I am happy to hear that Nick was quick to respond to assist. It is also good to hear that we were able to upgrade you during your stay. I am somewhat concerned with your statement regarding housekeeping on the weekend. While our sign in the bathroom states housekeeping upon request on weekends, housekeeping is to stop by regardless. I do hope you were taken care of during your stay. Again, I am grateful to gave us the opportunity for your first experience. I am glad we did not disappoint. We hope you will come stay with us again in the near future. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This place was perfect for a family of five. The bedroom and living/kitchen area were all quite spacious, and easily accommodated an inflatable bed. The manager's reception was a nice touch, and we enjoyed some well-deserved complimentary beer after a long day in the car with kids. Breakfast was very good, the pool was nice, all in all, a great property. Will look for Staybridge Suites as a destination of choice from now on!

1  Thank cbornste
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

There have been several people discovering Staybridge Suites for the first time as of lately. All of them have been extremely happy with what they have found. It sounds like you are one of them. I do know Staybridge Suites is my first choice as well. And it is not because I work for them. I love what the hotel has to offer with all the amenities and service. I am glad that you have chosen Staybridge Suites as your new favorite chain. I do not think you will be disappointed. We thank you for giving us the opportunity for your first experience at Staybridge Suites. I am glad you found us enjoyable enough to look for more out there. However, we do hope that you will come back and visit with us again in the near future. And thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my new wife travelled to Memphis from Vegas on a red-eye flight overnight, so we arrived at the Staybridge Suites way earlier than our check-in time. The lovely lady on reception offered us a room straight away, and even allowed us to have breakfast while we got ourselves sorted. Great selection for breakfast and a good friendly atmosphere in the hotel.

Our hotel room was perfect. Very large in size, with a comfy bed, two TV's, a great en-suite and even a kitchen area. Nice views of the hotel pool too.

There is free laundry in this place which was great, as we were halfway through our trip across the States.

Graceland and the absolutely amazing Beale Street aren't too far away and the hotel had a great guy called Mr Chris (who is funnier than some stand up comedians & believes Elvis may be alive) who shuttled us back and forth to the top destinations for a reasonable price. Ask him nicely and he may show you some of the hipster backstreet bars you would normally miss out on.

Overall it was a fantastic one night stay, the best of our trip so far. Considering we have been to San Fran, LA & Vegas that is saying something.

Kieran & Victoria Birrell

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kieranbirrell

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel especially during your honeymoon. And congratulations! This must be one of best times of your lives. We at Staybridge Suites Memphis wish you and your spouse the best. We do hope the rest of your honeymoon goes just as well as it has in Memphis. To say that we are the best part of the trip so far is very flattering. We very much do appreciate the kind words. With regards to the lovely lady you met upon arrival, you must have met Lois. She is a gem. I am glad she took care of you setting the way for your visit to Memphis. I also do hope that your trip to Graceland was a great one. I am grateful that Chris was able to take care of you as well. If you ever happen to stop in Memphis again, please come by. We would love to have you as our guest again. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was the first time me or my family stayed at a Staybridge suites, and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are a decent size, and feature a full kitchen. It is very clean, and sound was minimal. The fitness room was nice, and 24 hours, and staff was very helpful. We will try to stay with Staybridge more often after this amazing hotel.

1  Thank trevor4travel

It sounds like many people are just discovering Staybridge Suites and you are one of them. I have yet to see that a newcomer to Staybridge Suites has been disappointed. I am glad you found our hotel pleasurable. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to experience Staybridge Suites for the first time. It sounds like you left happy with what you found. Staybridge Suites is my number one choice when I travel due to all amenities that are offered. I am glad you were able to enjoy them as well. And thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. If you back in Memphis, please give us a call. We would love to have you as our guest once again. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.