“The Ideal Hotel for Business stay”

Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
Ranked #7 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 4 November 2009

I have been at this hotel for almost four months while working in Memphis. The room I have is great; a small apartment type suite with a seperate bedroom and living area with kitchen. This has been good as I work in my hotel room during the day. I have been able to utilize the business offices and the front desk personnel have been very helpful with getting faxes sent and taking messages. The hotel is located in a quiet out of the way area just off the main road into the downtown area. There are great locations for walking, biking or jogging around the hotel. Great restaurants are located very close by.

The staff at the hotel -- front desk personnel, housekeeping and the food staff are personable, engaging and work very hard to make your stay as perfect as possible. They all are willing to go that extra mile to get you what you need.

If you are looking for a comfortable place to stay for a long or short term visit to the Memphis area, I highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 4 November 2009

Conveniently located is an understatement - quick and easy access to Poplar and I-240. Very nice facility in beautiful professional area (safe and secure). Rooms are spacious and comfortable; staff is professional and committed; breakfasts and sundowner receptions prepared and hosted by pros. Shuttle service available during the week.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Sue L
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2009

Thank you, it was truly our pleasure to have you with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assitance. We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2009

I spent one night and was very happy with the property.

Location is quite but not very much within walking distance.

1  Thank powerplantop
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Our team appreciates that you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you the next time your are in Memphis.

Reviewed 1 August 2009

Great Suite, Good breakfast and Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed 10 July 2009

Recently we stayed as part of a large group of families in town for the Div 1 AAU Basketball Nationals.

From the moment we checked in the hotel staff was extremely friendly and made us feel welcome.

The outdoor pool is a bit small, but overall the pool area was very neat and the availability of the gas grills made it extra special for evening cookouts.

The morning breakfast was always hot and for the most part something different. Also, it wasn't just cereal / fruit / bread, they usually had some meat products and some type of eggs to offer as well.

The manager special from 5:30-7:30 p.m.Tue-Thu was also very nice after a long day away from the hotel. Complimentary tap beer and wine, plus some type of light bite to eat was an excellent way to cap off a good day of sight seeing.

The location of the Hotel is centered in a nice business park on the eastern suburbs of Memphis, with several high end restaurants nearby, plus the other usual fast food establishments.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Mukmuks
SBSMemphisEast, Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2009

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We truly enjoyed having your group with us and hope to see you again next year! If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2009

This hotel has serious service problems, and a simple apology would have gone a long way in making things better. For starters, they sent us to a room that already had guests there. We asked for light housekeeping over the weekend, and did not get it the first day. When we asked the front desk for additional towels (since we didn't get the housekeeping), the front desk could not unlock the towel location. Although the stay was pre-paid and there was nothing due at check-out, there was still an additional charge on my credit card that I had to call about. The hotel itself is in a good location, with big rooms and a filling free breakfast - none of this offsets the sight of the large cockroaches in the living room.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Samakicat
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2009

I want to sincerely apologize that you have had this ordeal at our property. I have read your review and followed up with our team here in detail on the service issues you have encountered during your stay with us. We truly do strive to be the best hotel in our system and your stay was not a typical reflection of our levels of service. I did follow up with our contracted pest control company to find out what you might have encountered in the living room. I have been the manager at this property for the last two and a half years and pests are not something we encounter. We have a very reliable national pest control service and take this matter very seriously. I am so sorry this has happened to you If I can be of any assistance in the future please contact me.

Reviewed 25 March 2009

4th floor suites are excellent. More room than you know how to use. Has more appliances than my home. My room had microwave, stove, garbage disposal, refridge with icemaker, range hood, coffee maker , both types of dish deterent, and sink. Tables and power plugs are everywhere. My only drawback is the bathroom and shower is only about 6'6" tall, and the shower rod is at eye level. My room had sitting room with 36+" tv also vcr/dvd player, sleeping room with 26" tv, full dressing area , and bath/ shower area. Not to mention the kitchen area. Breakfast bar area is spacious and well stocked, weight room, laundry area are well stocked.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business