“More for your money”

Extended Stay America - Memphis - Mt. Moriah
Ranked #75 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Everyone was friendly. Managers Eric and Tina. What customer service. Faye and MiMi . I wish I could take them home. Newer hotels are great but hospitality is priceless. When you go to a hotel and you hate to leave, that says alot about how you were treated. The employees were not stiff or rude, they smiled and answered every question. And plus the employees didn't act a fool when management went home. They were still sweet and caring. Yes the hotel is old but it's clean. I plan to come back in December for Christmas.

Room Tip: Stay middle ground not to close to the elevator or the stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Diane C
mzubair, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Mt. Moriah, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

My husband, our infant daughter, and I. decided to take a last minute road trip to Memphis and selected this hotel to stay the night at. When we arrived we were placed in a large room and were pleased with it. Whenever we went to ask about a crib, we were told that they didn't offer any. When we went back to our room and opened our fridge we discovered that it was turned off and there was water standing in front of it. We were moved to a different room that was half the size, had ridiculously firm beds, and smelled of smoke We found this room through Priceline. It was the cheapest room we could find. Wished we had asked about a crib before we ever booked it. It would have been worth an extra few bucks to have our daughter sleep that night.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Emily T

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology for not been able to provide the crib, having issues with the fridge and bedding.

We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity. You will be happy to know since we have replaced all matteresses and at my hotel and Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

I have truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I am enthused with the manager(Eric Jefferson) and his ENTIRE staff!! The hotel feels very homely and it is very, very clean! MiMi Jones is one of the front desk clerks and she is the epitome of helpful and nice. The hotel is so nice, it hardly ever has any rooms available. It is worth paying for to be comfortable. I am here alone and I have never felt safer! I recommend this hotel to anyone I care about and that means a lot!!

• Stayed: May 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Mt. Moriah, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Memphis - Mt. Moriah. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Had friends&family coming in for a birthday party. I googled a location close to my area that i lived by for everyone could be close. Didnt check the reviews, HUGE MISTAKE!! Customer service@this location suck!! The front desk clerk named Mimi was very rude!! She gave such attitude&even tried arguing wit me over. I even got the eyebrow frown from her. I feel if ur not goin to do your job&treat peoplr with respect go home because there are too many unemployed people that would love to have a job&do a good job at it, so if u want to be treated with disrespect at your expense, go see Mimi@Extendedstay!! She's guaranteed to give u a attitude&frown@ur own expense....

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Mstracie
Reviewed 24 March 2010

I needed a place to stay for about 4 months and the rates at this hotel were really low (about $20/night for a renewable monthly rate at the time). Anyway, the room was very clean although the carpet was worn and stained but everything worked. You cannot expect any luxuries at this price (no high definition flat screen TVs and limited TV stations) and the "high speed" wireless internet is pretty slow (fine for email, unusable for video streaming). There is a $5 charge per stay for internet. Nevertheless, in its price range I could not find anything close to this quality in the Memphis area and I did look at many different locations. The staff is friendly and helpful and as I said, they keep the place clean and safe. If you are on a tight budget and do not need fancy stuff this is a good option. A city bus passes right by the front of the hotel every 40 minutes on weekdays (fare to downtown is $1.50) if you are not afraid of public transit. Copies and local faxes are free. On-site laundry and vending machines.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2008

This was used for a three week stay for contract work in the area. The room was well worn with stains on the floor and bedding. The kitchen - had worn out everything - stove, coffee pot, fry pans, silverware and more. Monday thru Thursday were ok. Friday thru Sunday were days to be in another town, loud and wild - the staff did nothing to quiet it down.
The area the property is located has a lot to offer for shopping and dining. It is not a place I would take my family on any day.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Milwaukeetravler
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 December 2003

This hotel is relatively new. We traveled to Memphis in May 2003 for my son's graduation fromThe University of Memphis. The Hotel was veryclean and the staff were polite and helpful. I wouldhighly recommend this particularly hotel to anyone.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member