“my overall stay was above my expectations.....”

Courtyard Memphis East/Bill Morris Parkway
Ranked #36 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Orland Park, Illinois, United States
“my overall stay was above my expectations.....”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

my visit to this hotel was extremely pleasant the staff members were very helpful my cheak in was quick the room i was staying in was a decent size the bed was comfy bathroom was clean loved the pool as im a sunshine girl....food at the restaurant called bistro was decent.
definitely will come back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Vonsha W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis East/Bill Morris Parkway, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for the nice review. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay and everything was pleasing. We look forward to you visiting again.

Warm regards,

Vonsha` Williams, Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed at this Marriott this week and it has become a pig sty!! The floors are filthy and the elevator looked like a dumpster. In the room I was greeted to a half roll of toilet paper.
Upon arrival not one person at the check in desk. Note on check in counter saying he would return in 10 minutes.
This place can no longer be a Marriott. Avoid at all costs.
Also no more fruit, coffee or even peppermint candies.
What happened???

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I would have loved to have given this property an excellent rating however the room was not that great. The first room we went to reeked of smoke so we asked for another one and it was okay. I felt like I was in a really rough part of town once I got to the room. That was the feeling I had in the room. Its the only way to describe it. The room was average but was not cleaned the way it should have been. I did not even sleep in the bed with my husband, I slept on the couch after I covered it in a zillion sheets.

This hotel needs to really recognize its team because wow what a welcome we receive when we walked in. A nice gentleman greeted us with a huge hello and was very funny. He was boisterous and welcoming. There was a NFL party happening for the guests in the bar area and we were given NFL luggage tags. The place was crowded and it made it feel like the "it' place. We were invited down to watch football and have appetizers. It was quite a welcome.

I doubt I will be back in Memphis very soon however I will not be staying here just simply based on the rooms. Too bad considering the great service we received.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
SW MO
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We arrived about midnight after a long drive. The staff was helpful and extremely friendly. We got checked in quickly. The bed was clean and comfortable and I did not pay close attention to the rest of the room until the next morning. The overall room was clean but the bathroom was disgusting. I would not even consider a shower.

We got a good price on Priceline via bidding. If I had paid full price for the room with that bathroom, I would have been more upset.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thayer, Missouri
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Courtyard by Marriott, Kirby Parkway is a great place to stay in Memphis, TN. The staff there is very friendly and helpful. There are lots of amenities including a pool, exercise room, free internet, and always a bowl of fresh fruit to snack on. Very Comfortable Stay!

Room Tip: Just ask the friendly staff and they will assist you with anything they can.
1 Thank Russel J
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Great place for business travel. Arrived late and was able to eat dinner. Kitchen closes at 10. Downside was they didn’t have what I wanted on the menu. Limited menu. Rooms are comfortable. Free wifi. Refridgerator in room. Lobby is newly remodeled. Reservations required for shuttle from airport.

Mammoth Spring, Arkansas
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I travel to Memphis several times a month for business and stay at this hotel all the time. The staff treats each guest like family members. The hotel has recently been remodeled and has a very modern vibe. The rooms are all large and the beds are very comfortable. You will not be sorry if you choose this place.