“Not up to Comfort's normal 3 star level”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #66 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Huntington, New York
“Not up to Comfort's normal 3 star level”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This hotel is nothing but in disrepair. The rooms are moldy, dirty and poorly maintained as is the lobby, hallways, stairway and window treatments. The staff may be pleasant but that will be of little use to you as you try to sleep in this rather beat up facility. Anyone who has rated this 4 or more may be part of a concerted effort to "protect the online reputation" of this business and should be viewed sceptically. Go by and see for yourself, but leave time to find another place to stay. The Comfort chain should strip this place of their name.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed here on a business trip. I arrived late - almost 2am, but I had called ahead to alert them when I would be arriving. The outer doors were locked, and it took over 10 minutes of ringing the bell, banging on the door, and calling the front desk to wake up the front desk worker who was sleeping on a lobby sofa. When he finally let me in, he was incredibly rude, and did not know how to use the computer to check me in. It took 30 minutes from the time I first knocked on the door to get my room key. I know it was late, but it was his rudeness that really made me mad. It is also not safe to be standing outside a hotel banging on the door at 2am in Memphis. On top of the terrible service, the hotel is worn, not well cleaned, and smells like mildew.
Take my warning - stay somewhere else!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank carriezimm
South Carolina
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This hotel was ok, no major issues. Breakfast was pretty good and the rooms were clean. The hotel is a little run down in appearance, and there is no elevator so we had to drag our stuff up 2 flights of stairs, which was a minor inconvenience. The water pressure in the shower was AMAZING and the staff was efficient. We wanted to visit Beale Street and Graceland during our visit and the hotels was located within 20 minutes of both. The beds were very comfortable and the price was good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank laylamonroe35
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We went on a long road trip from Toronto, to New Orleans LA for new years but made a few stops along the way. We got into the habit of stopping at the visitors centers thoughout the states and they always seemed to have the best deals on hotels. When we got to Memphis we were recommended to stay at the comfort inn, right downtown Memphis and it was $85 + tax. which we thought was a great deal for the location, and one of the cheapest places we stayed all trip. They have a comlimentary breakfast, rooms were better than expected , very clean and well appointed..
Would stay here again, and it was a short $1 tram ride to Beale St....the greatest little blues spot we've ever been to....

Room Tip: Tell them you stopped at the visitors center who told you there was a discounted rate. Get out to Be...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Mascoutah
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I haven't stayed at a Comfort Inn before, and was very pleasantly surprised. We were there on the marathon weekend, and stayed there with a team from Truman State. The beds were very firm but comfortable, the sheets were soft and not at all scratchy, plenty of pillows, there was a mini-fridge and microwave in the room, and the room was clean and quiet. The towels were on the plush side and very soft. The bathroom shower was best ever, good water pressure, lots of hot water, although an extra light in the shower area would have been nice. The free breakfast was way above average, with all the usuals plus waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy, 3 kinds of fresh fruit, regular and skim milk. Only one minus, the coffee was very weak. But there were a lot of kids there and they had planned for it, nothing ran out but the fruit at the very end. The service at the front desk was efficient and friendly. The rate was $70, which was so much less than most other hotels on that weekend. It was about 12 miles from downtown, all interstate driving, so it was quick to get back downtown, except at rush hour. There is a left, single lane exit when driving east which tends to slow traffic and get backed up - not the hotel's fault, just something to be aware of.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I have stayed at 8 of the more than dozen motels located at this exit (Sycamore View). My stays have ranged from the pathetic (Red Roof Inn) to the superior (Drury Inn). The Comfort Inn was an above average experience for me on this multi-night stay.
A significant discount on this chain prompted me to make a reservation on a "newer" room. The newer features included comfortable bedding/linens, carpet, most furnishings and a bathroom renovation. It was very clean (I check everything!) and odor free. The negatives included a broken window seal (fogged/etched insulated glass), a 20 year old 20" Zenith TV with the inability to hold color, a bad back-up battery that allowed the smoke detector to continously beep when the power failed for 5 hours, a bad shower assembly mixer cartridge that leaked hot water to the rate of about a gallon per hour, peeling wall paper above the tub (I've never seen wallpaper in any bathroom that stays adhered above a tub) and finally I was surprised with a safe fee that I didn't realize was even in the room ($6 stealth fee!).
The breakfast had a good selection, was well laid out and was tasty. The coffee, both in the lobby and in the room, was surprisingly very good. I encountered no safety incidents during my visit.
Overall, this was a decent experience for me...I've had much worse and I've had better. With a good rate, I would recommend this location.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I normally don't write reviews on hotels but I feel the need to warn people, specially parents against this place. We've been to other Comfort Inn hotels before and have always been pleased with the cleanliness. First of all, I have to say that the front desk staff was very nice, no doubt about it, but the place is disgusting. When we arrived, they gave us the key to a first floor room and as soon as you walked down the hallway it smelled like humidity mixed with cigarette. Once I entered the room, which had the air conditioning on, it smelled like humidity and mold, so I checked around and sure enough, there was mold along the wall, and it even looked like the pillow cases had mold on them too!! Not to mention the big dead bug obviously on the floor...did they even vacuum the room? So, I went back to the front desk and asked the guy if we could change rooms so he took me to another room(also on the first floor) that ALSO smelled like mold! I asked if we could see ANOTHER room so he took us up to the second floor(no elevator, but not a big deal to me), where at least the room was not humid, but still smelled strange, so out of embarrassment, I said.."this is better". Here, the sink still had coffee in it, with caked on creamer, the tables were dirty, the floor was dirty, dust on the headboards, hair in the shower. Luckily I took Clorox wipes with me and cleaned it myself. I didn't let my children walk around without shoes afraid they were going to catch something! We placed our stuff on the clean tables(that i did myself) , and luckily only had to stay one night. I paid $105 to stay one night, totally outrageous price for the disgusting room, NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family