“Nice Hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #64 of 139 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a pretty nice hotel. The room was clean and the beds was excellent. The breakfast was good with hot and cold items. Check in and out was fast and easy. It is very quite located away from the roadway. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patsy L
vijay p, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thanks for writing the review on your recent stay. I am happy to see that the check-in and checkout was smooth and fast. You liked are bed quality , hot and cold the break fast.and the location which is convenient and easy access from I 40 but still quite.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The only good thing about this so called hotel was leaving it it the morning, the room was dirty, the manager was totally unhelpful, breakfast was not fit for a dog, steer clear lots of other hotels in the area, only good point was the Mexican Resturent over the road, in 16 days in the USA would say be resturent visited

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
vijay p, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We booked this hotel on HHonors reward points. It was not expensive and away from downtown, which were our only two requirements. The room was clean, but a bit aged. The carpet was stained. The hotel was quiet and the breakfast was above average for a hotel of this price. The 2nd night the clerk upgraded us to a suite and that room was actually VERY nice. By the way, just to absolutely clear: THIS HOTEL IS NOWHERE NEAR BEALE STREET. Beale Street is downtown.

Room Tip: Book a suite, they are much nicer than the regular rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review on your recent stay. I am glad that you liked our suite room. I am sorry about the stain on the carpet. Thanks for letting us know so we can take care of it for the next guest.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We arrived in Memphis about 8pm without a room. We stopped at the Visitor Center (which is open late in the summer) and they called for us. The room was $109 + $10 per day parking. It is within walking distance of Beale Street (about 15 minute walk). The room was clean, had refrigerator. Beds were comfortable (though double in our room so a bit snug with three adults)The breakfast in the morning was included and very adequate - self-made waffles, eggs, bacon, yogurt, fruit, juice, biscuits, coffee - friendly staff. There were quite a few people from Europe and Australia staying. Staff was friendly. I would stay again. Easy walk to Mud Island (one block). Unfortunately one day the second elevator was broken so there were long waits - but it was fixed the second day. I did not like the connection between the parking and elevator (internal short set of stairs) when there was a longer wait.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2014

When we checked into our room, the carpet was dirty. I went to the front desk to tell them and they were very helpful and had someone immediately sweep the floors. The furniture was damaged in spots and the lamp shade on the nightstand was stained.The hotel is in need of a remodel, but for the price you pay, I guess you can't complain too much. The breakfast was great, and a standard breakfast for the Choice hotels. The fitness center was a good sized room, but I don't think the machines were cleaned in months. I brought my own antibacterial wipes before I touched anything. We stayed two nights, probably wouldn't stay here again. There are a lot of hotels nearby to choose from.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
vijay p, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking your time and filling out the survey. I apologize for the dirty carpet and the machine in the fitness center. The damage furniture and spot on the lamp shade.I am glad that you liked our breakfast. Please give us a chance so that we can prove our service will be better than before

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Room was nice until you went I to the bathroom has black stuff all round the tub. Looks like they tried to cover up mold and did a bad job. The bottom of tub is a stained brown colored. The hall way echo when people slam doors all night long. One slow elevator that takes for ever to come to you

• Stayed: June 2014
vijay p, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for taking your time and filling out the survey on your recent stay. I apologize on the behalf of the housekeeping and maintenance staff for the bath tub not clean properly and you felt that the mold was around the corner of the tub.Thanks for addressing this issue so that we can correct it .Please give us a chance so that we can prove our self that we do care about our guest.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel is right on the fringe of a bad area of East Memphis, so do not plan on walking anywhere with the family. The room was clean and comfortable, the parking lot has cameras and I talked to police who were cruising through and they stated that this hotel had very little vehicle crime, considering all of the other hotels in the area had problems. The location is great as far as it is right off of I-40 and I did find out closer to Memphis the areas got much worse. The suggestion by police was to stay in Germantown, or across the river in Arkansas. So if your traveling through pick which one works best for you, if you are trying to visit Graceland and downtown Memphis area attractions, across the river in Arkansas will be easier with traffic flow, closer to areas you may be visiting, cheaper and safer. I would stay at this hotel again, but my career background does give me a different opinion of areas and what is safe, what is not. Germantown is a few miles farther East, 20 dollars more expensive per night but much better area. If your looking for a place to sleep while traveling through this will do, if your looking for a place to stay on a vacation to Memphis, I would look elsewhere. If you do stay here, any room facing the pool is going to be loud until the pool closes.

Room Tip: Stay away from any room that faces the pool. Mine did not, but you could hear the noise in the hallw...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for filling out the survey on your recent stay. i am glad that you like the room and easy access to I 40 i am sorry to hear that you didn't like the area but we have no crime in the area.I don't know why the police told you about the area not nice.