All reviews newspaper building coffee machine in the lobby boutique hotel lovely boutique front desk beale street within walking distance nice shower valet parking downtown memphis thin walls corner room valet service nice hotel location is fantastic local attractions comfortable beds
Reviewed 25 September 2018

I booked a room at Hotel Napoleon in Memphis for my wife and I through the Choice Hotels website (parent company of Ascent Hotel Collection). I got my credit card bill and noticed i had been charged for 2 rooms instead of 1. Not sure if it was a keystroke error on my part or a glitch on their booking site. I called hotel directly, they said reservation was non-refundable, nothing they could do. They referred me to Choice Hotels. I called them - same response. Escalated to customer service department - same answer. Then to supervisor at customer service - same answer. I have personally spent over $3K this year at Choice Hotels and they have shown complete lack of support to correct a simple booking error. For a company in the hospitality biz, it seems pretty stupid to do this over $219. Never staying in Choice Hotels again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank op911
Denise C, Director of Sales at Hotel Napoleon, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

We very much apologize for this. Unfortunately, this is out of our control. When reservations are not made directly at the hotel, most times our hands are tied. That is the case with prepaid reservations. We would love to have you return and stay with us again. Please call the hotel direct to reserve in the future.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Booked the Napoleon over the Peabody as the reviews weren’t that great…
First the good, great location a short walk from Beale street, nice clean modern room with a comfortable bed.
The not so good, there was a lot of noise from the room above, we could hear people walking around, chair scraping on the floor etc and the AC was noisy when it started up so not the greatest nights sleep despite the comfy bed.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Denise C, Director of Sales at Hotel Napoleon, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thanks so much for staying with us Rob and Sharon. We hate to hear that you didn't sleep well. That is something we strive very hard to make sure each and every guest does while with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the Napoleon. I especially loved the complimentary cruelty free toiletries. My only regret is that I did not get a chance to visit the restaurant (Luna). I hope to visit again soon.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks so much for staying with us and Happy Belated birthday to you both. We look forward to seeing you again, and this time please join us at Luna.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel after being disappointed with our original choice which we could not stay. This did not disappoint. It’s a modern,clean boutique hotel. The reception staff at check in was very friendly. I’m very fussy and would def recommend this hotel. I would had rated it higher but the bar didn’t open on Sundays and closed at 10 pm. The breakfast is nice but service was extremely slow. The reception staff overnight/early morning not as friendly. All in all though I would stay again.

Date of stay: September 2018

Thanks so much for staying and sharing your experience Nicola. It is unfortunate that the bar isn't open longer, we have tried changing hours numerous times and Sunday nights are just not one that drives guests to the bar. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights, fantastic location and rooms are very nice ...spacious with good sized large bathroom and very comfortable bed. Also lovely and quiet. I wonder if the staff were maybe tired when we arrived after working through a long hot summer season. When we arrived, no one greeted us to help with valet service until we asked for help or helped with our luggage. It mentions on the description of the hotel on here that you get a complementary drink .....this was never offered to us. I realised I made a mistake in our booking ... by not booking enough nights. Although we asked for our stay to be extended, this was not actioned even though I had called, emailed and personally spoken to reception about - it was actioned in the end. Eric was on reception for our last 2 days - what an asset to the hotel, he has a wonderful manner and so friendly and helpful. Like I say, I think our experience wasn’t typical.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crispslover

We appreciate you sharing your compliments as well as comments. Without having a name or date to look into your reservations, its hard to determine why it was not possible to change your dates. The only way that would possibly happen is 1. if we are sold out 2. if your reservation was booked on points/prepaid/3rd party booking. Otherwise, we are more than happy to extend our guests stays, we love when guests stay longer with us. Feel free to contact our general manager, Micki Stevens to discuss what may have happened. We do agree that your experience isn't typical and look forward to seeing you again.