“Not Just for Elvis Fans” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Elvis Presley's Graceland Self-Guided Tour With Transportation
Ranked #3 of 152 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, the Elvis Presley Car Museum, Elvis custom jets and other limited time exhibits. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Torquay, Australia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Not Just for Elvis Fans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was never a big Elvis fan - I like a few of his bluesy/soul songs - and I was ambivalent about what Graceland might offer .... BUT I really enjoyed the 3.5 hours spent on the platinum tour - despite the crowds.

The mansion is not as big as I expected and is set on beautifully landscaped grounds that served as Elvis' private getaway oasis from the fans and outside world.

The house is just about as he left it and you get to see everything except the private upstairs bedrooms / living which is closed out of respect to Elvis and family.

The Elvis story is well told with literally 1000's and 1000's of pieces - we chose the self guided audio tour which was well worth the little extra $'s.

The outbuildings, pool and horse paddocks are beautifully maintained.

We had a laugh at some of the 70's decor such as shag pile carpet on the floor, walls and roof - but that was the rage.

We were blown away with the stories of genuine generosity of Elvis, his struggle for reassurance he 'still had it' and the success he had in such a relatively short life.

The 'reflection area' and burial sites for Elvis and family is beautifully done and poignant.

A tour well worth the effort and the crowds dissipated after the first part in the mansion.

1 Thank Rob M

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Loved Elvis and Graceland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My parents love of Elvis rubbed off on me at an early age and I felt like I knew a lot about him. I was even lucky enough to see him in concert shortly before his death. Graceland is everything a fan would want and more. It lets you learn even more about Elvis as a performer and as a person. All of the staff here was so friendly and helpful. We ended up spending about 6 hours here and enjoyed every minute. Not everyone in the group was quite as big of a fan as I am, but I think they throughly enjoyed it all too. We did the Platinum Tour and felt like this allowed us to see a good amount. I would highly recommend this tour.

2 Thank Dawn H
Atwater, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Elvis lives on at his beloved Graceland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had a wonderful time at Graceland. Elvis actually died 5 months after I was born, but through my mom I learned to love one of our nation's most beloved public figures. I was in Nashville at the time and we added Graceland to our itinerary on a whim. I couldn't have been happier that we ended up going. The narrated tour was excellent. We had no problems being rushed through the tour. The mansions and garden are so beautifully kept and having Elvis' actual décor, furniture, clothes, cars, etc. really takes you back to that era. This is a must on any traveler's list. Graceland is a magical place that remembers the King with unprecedented detail and accuracy. It was amazing to see the amount of people that travel to Graceland on a yearly basis. When fans are flocking to remember you and experience your world 37 years after your death, you are truly a legend. Long live the King!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank TracyLura
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Not An Elvis Fan BUT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Went there on a whelm.. liked his movies and music was ok..but was never a big fan but after there ,felt as if I knew the guy..seemed to be a very special person and very generous..worth the time there..

Visited November 2013
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, Usa
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Pleasantly surprised!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We included Graceland on our road trip, because we were passing through Memphis and it is the thing to do.

I was pleasantly surprised. We opted for the Platinum tour which included the mansion, the car museum, the airplanes and a few little themed museums.

It was very interesting to see how Elvis lived. The home movies and interviews were informative. It made you feel a little sorry for him. His fame really took its toll. It was also interesting to learn how very generous he was.

This was very enjoyable and a must-see. My teenage children enjoyed it too!

Visited June 2014

Been to Graceland? Share your experiences!