“$36 for 2 (Buy 1 get one free) Travel Zoo - Excellent”
Review of Graceland

Elvis Presley Graceland VIP Tour
Ranked #3 of 160 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, Elvis’ custom jets and our new entertainment and exhibit complex, Elvis Presley’s Memphis. The new complex includes a new automobile museum, Presley Motors, and Elvis: The Entertainer Career Museum, the world’s largest and most comprehensive Elvis museum in the world, as well as many more exhibits, restaurants and shops. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We booked our tickets on Travel Zoo and only paid $36 dollars for the 2 of us, what a bargain. The ticket included the house and the attractions -the house was great but smaller than I anticipated but was good to see. I enjoyed going on his airplane lovely bedroom I wished we all traveled in style!!

1  Thank TheScubaDuo
Write a ReviewReviews (14,709)
All reviews
in 178 reviews
"shuttle bus"
in 241 reviews

Reviewed 15 October 2010

We really enjoyed going to Graceland. The audio system was easy to use and informational. We are not huge Elvis fans, but we still enjoyed the tour and left with a better understanding about him and his life. He seemed to be a very generous person, despite his many problems. The house is large, but not as huge as you would think. It is like stepping back into time. It makes you wonder about what would have happened if he hadn't passed away and you really learn about the influence Elvis made to the city of Memphis. It was a little bit on the expensive side, but well worth to tour at least once in your life. Our nearly 5 year old daughter, enjoyed the tour as well. She did not use the headphones, she just looked around. Her favorite part was viewing the cars. His jet, Lisa Marie, was also very neat to see. Now, my curiousity is piqued to see the upstairs of the house, and would definitely return if they were ever to open that part of the house.

Reviewed 15 October 2010

My wife and I were traveling from Pittsburgh, PA to Dallas, TX and stopped at Graceland on Monday, the 11th of October. We chose the house tour and we pleasantly surprised by the bus driver Tommy. He was very helpful and gracious. Unfortunately, the rest of the tour was not up to expectations.

The "greeter" on the porch was incredibly rude to the entire group. Once inside, I chose not to wear my headphones, and got to hear some of the conversations the staff were having about the guests. Particularly disturbing was how the male staff were discussing the female guests. I had turned to tell my wife we were leaving when one of the African American male staffers began to "come on" to her. This concerned her and infuriated me. We left and the experience was ruined. I will not return to so called "grace"land, and recommend that others do not visit.

9  Thank minatrea
Reviewed 14 October 2010

My wife is a huge Elvis fan, and on a recent business trip we decided to check out Graceland. It has the normal tourist trap things, with TONS of merchandise.

Graceland is interesting but a bit depressing to me. It shows a home frozen in time marking when he died. You tour his house, the first floor and the basement. You tour the offices of the business manager, a room with all kinds of awards, then his racket ball court than they have also stacked awards and outfits, and then his grave site. You then go across the street to tour his automobiles. In another building is his movie outfits, and items from different movies he was in. You can also take a look at the planes that he owned.

Overall it was interesting, and since I am not a true Elvis fan, I learned a lot about him and his life through the tour.

The area around Graceland is very run down, and I wouldn't recommend staying in the area. It is a 10 min drive from the Memphis airport. We stayed about 20-30 mins away, and it was a nice area. (Also reviewed the hotel that we stayed at)

1  Thank PaintedCanvas1975
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 October 2010

My husband and I recently toured Graceland. We only did the very basic home tour which was enough for me. I've heard about the house over the years, so it was interesting to see. The jungle room was fun to see. I was very impressed by the collection of gold records. Elvis certainly won a lot of awards. We did spend quite a bit of time waiting to get the bus to take us over to the home, but found once we got there we could look around pretty well without tons of people being there. They seem to have it well organized in that regard. I can understand why Elvis has made more money since his death then he did when alive. The Graceland complex has lots of places for you to spend your money. Guess I wasn't enough of an Elvis fan to want to see more than the house.

1  Thank SSP

Been to Graceland? Share your experiences!