“Yum! Yum!”
Review of Blues City Cafe

Blues City Cafe
Ranked #5 of 59 Nightlife in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Blues City's world famous menu has drawn attention of presidents and celebrities alike. Check out the best food on Beale with live music nightly in our world famous Band Box.
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Awesome fried fish, greens were delicious! Courteous staff!! We didn't get a lot of attention like you might be used to in a resturant but we got what we wanted in a reasonable amount of time. Too busy , but that's a good thing! Loved it!

All reviews
"audience"
"decor"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

So today we went to Beale street....for no other reason than we're in Memphis and you kinda have to, it to lunch time and we couldn't decide where to eat...but the Blues City Cafe had a really good mix of people and looked busy so we settled on that.

Matt served us and was great, super attentive and on it straight away. Being very English and not knowing what to order I asked Matt...he told us they're famous for their ribs, but if not sure go for the combination platter...which we did.

Ten minutes later (if that, service was quick) a platter of ribs, catfish, fries, coleslaw, tartar sauce, barbecue beans and Texas toast turned up....check out the picture.

It was really good, the ribs fell right off the bone, the catfish wasn't at all dry...it was just a good good lunch...my goodness we were full after that too.

My wife had the same meal and we both had a drink (Dr Pepper and iced tea) and it came in at $50 which for Beale St doesn't seem so bad.

So...if you're there and not sure where to go (there's a lot of choice) then I don't think Blues City Cafe would disappoint.

Good work guys. Thank you

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I was hanging out across the street at another blues joint when a bit more soulful sound reached my ears. I wandered in and ended up staying for hours. Staff was friendly and the drink selection supported my somewhat finicky tastes. The musical line up was absolutely superb and if it weren't for a plane with my name on it I would have closed the place down. This is definitely my spot if in town again. I didn't eat here but please see my separate review for the great meal I had just around the corner.

I look forward to seeing you on the trail and remember to please try to treat with dignity and respect, everyone whom with you come in contact.

John Eric

1  Thank John F
Reviewed 30 May 2017

This food was so good. I visited twice within a 4 day trip. I think the ribs and greens were my favorite. You didn't need any utensils. The ribs just fell off the bone because they were so tender. Chef Larry's greens were excellent too with just a small kick of spice. The service from Chef Larry, Andrew, and Mary Ruth just made our whole trip. This is the first time I packed up food and flew the food back to DC.

1  Thank Natasha8791