“Very nice hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis
Ranked #32 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My family stayed for a week at this hotel. It was a beautiful hotel with the large, foliage filled, atrium as is typical of Embassy Suites. My son loved the ducks and koi in the little stream that ran the length of the atrium. Our room was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable and they brought us extra pillows when asked. I could tell this is an older Embassy Suites from the furniture. It was used, but not used up. We enjoyed complimentary drinks and snacks during the Managers' Reception each evening and breakfast was delicious with fresh prepared hot foods as well as buffet. They even had a soda machine for free unlimited drinks. The pool and exercise room was fantastic. They have an arcade, but most of the games were out of order. Parking is horrendous. Find a spot early and stay in it! There isn't much in walking distance, although you're in the center of the business district. You'll have to drive to get to the local restaurants (except the Ruths Chris Steak House) and there is a shopping center not far away. Be prepared, traffic is awful!

Room Tip: I like upper floors because you can see the beautiful atrium and are away from any noise. The breakf...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JimboInTheHouse
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

My wife, 10 month old, and I stayed here over the weekend.

Good:
Jamie at the front desk was helpful. Called ahead, she was a friendly and had a crib ready for us. Night manager also helpful after we complained about the noise. The room layout is great for families. Bathroom was nice.

Bad:
Most Embassy Suites with an atrium are very loud. Rude parents let kids run wild all day until around 11pm. Its like staying a Chuck e Cheese. Forget about letting babies nap in the living area, way too much noise. Rooms were updated in 2007, need to be updated again. Our room had rotten wood floor and carpet is old. Breakfast line very long.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Billsmithal
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was surprised at how many children were staying at this hotel. They do have an adult swim from 10-11 but other than that hour kids are were running around. The breakfast was nice but be ready to stand in line for 15minutes (or more) to get an omelet. They did have a few items out but went quickly and wasnot replaced. Other than those few things I had a great stay. Very clean place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristopher H
Reviewed 19 March 2014

awesome location beautiful lobby perfect for wedding night delcious breakfast friendly staff my photographer took some pics of me in my wedding dress in the lobby, as well as me getting ready in the presidental suite pics turned out beautiful!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2014

a convenient and safe locale, close to the interstate but only 10 - 15 minutes to any destination in Memphis. Suites are comfortable and spacious. The area abounds with shopping and restaurants. The cook-to-order breakfast was very impressive with great variety. The Manager's reception in the evening was an unexpectedly pleasant treat. I can't imagine a better value and stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jimmy L
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Embassy in Memphis. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The front desk recommended a BBQ restaurant that was out of this world (Germantown Commissary). Breakfast and happy hour reception were perfect. Would definitely stay here again. Freddie was a great bartender. The Italian restaurant was delicious. All around great stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Connie S
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The biggest issue was the incredibly strong odor of cigarette smoke. As soon as I walk in the entrance of the hotel, I could smell cigarette smoke. I requested a non-smoking room (which I didn't get), but I don't think it would have mattered. The elevlators, the room, and the entire hotel stunk like a dirty ashtray. I have been a smoker before and understand some odor, but this place absolutely reeked. My clothes, my luggage, and my computer bag all stink now. My wife even commented on the odor when I arrived home. I will never stay in this location again. I will not only not recommend this hotel, but will discourage anyone from staying there due to my really poor experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Chris S
Travellers also viewed these Memphis hotels
Hilton Memphis
Marriott Memphis East
#36 of 138 in Memphis
Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar
Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis

Address: 1022 Shady Grove Rd S, Memphis, TN 38120-4119
Region: United States > Tennessee > Memphis
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #32 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Price Range: £144 - £234 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Memphis Hotel Memphis