“fun times in Memphis”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis
Ranked #33 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We really had a good time in Memphis, the hotel was alittle distance from the places we wanted to see but the hotel was very nice. The breakfast was wonderful and they had ducks that walked around which was fun to watch. the whole hotel was very clean. It is open and I was afraid of the noise at night, but with the rooms in the back you couldn't hear anything. The only thing that I didn't like was since we stayed for 3 days they only cleaned the room every other day. I called the desk and they brought us what I ask for quickly but empty garbage cans would have been nice. overall very nice hotel and a good price.

1  Thank Jane H

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Spend a split two weeks here for business. In between taking a trip to Tunica for the week -end. Both weeks here in two different rooms, No Hot Water. When I called front desk I got several different stories. One was they shut water off for remodeling, and would have to reset it, it would be hot after I let water run for 10 minutes. Everyday here it was the same story. Very annoying..we were here total of 8 days, two different rooms , no hot water unless I called front desk to reset and then 10 minutes of running water to get hot. Also in first room the furniture was stained and very dirty. When I complained was told they were in process of remodel. The staff were all very pleasant and as helpful as possible. Breakfast was excellent. But can not overcome the issue of hot water to shower . For what you pay to stay here you should have hot water, no problem..

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CRYSTALST
ESMemphis, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2015

Thank you for your feedback in regards to water temperature. We encountered an issue with our water heater and it was quickly addressed; however, I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We are currently replacing our existing unit in an attempt to make it right and don't foresee any additional issues. Thank you again for your review. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you visit the area.

Kind regards,
Heather Detlefson

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this Embassy Suites while enroute to Chicago, IL. I thought Memphis would be a great place to visit on our way up north. I've stayed at various Embassy Suites in Texas and California but I found the staff at this property to be the most friendly! To be truthful, Memphis itself was overly friendly!!

This hotel was supposedly going through renovations but I didn't see anything like that. The location is good, close to various restaurants and shopping but far from downtown Memphis and Graceland.

While I found the hotel itself to be standard issue Embassy Suites, I found the free breakfast to be somewhat lacking…The scrambled eggs and link sausages were rather lukewarm and sometimes cold…the fruit offerings were sparse… This may not seem important but it was enough for me to notice…but the real kicker for me was during Hospitality Hour. Each guest is only given 4 tickets for 4 drinks!! When did this start happening?? All the other Embassy Suites I've been to have never limited guests to 4 drinks…and not only that but the plastic cups were tiny!!!

Those 2 issues were enough for me to NOT give this Embassy Suites 5 stars. Other than that, this Embassy Suites was in a good location, clean, and had a great staff!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Want a great hotel to stay in while in Memphis? Visit the Embassy Suites. Excellent amenities and great for the price. The breakfast was outstanding. The people who worked in the hotel were top notch even though they were going through supposed renovations. We thoroughly enjoyed the stay.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This hotel has the best breakfast. We were traveling in a work truck; the hotel shuttled us to eat dinner and then picked us up when we were finished. The room was big, had multiple tvs. For the price, and what you get, it cant be beat.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We checked in to a room, but once unpacked, saw ants in the bathroom. The desk agent was genuinely embarrassed, and gave us a new room. He wanted to have people move us, but we were OK.

In the new room the beds were great, and the bath was clean. There is a microwave and fridge, with two HD flat screens that had good pictures, and ample channels. There are a total of 3 sinks, so good for a family. Soaps were great!

The clock radio was 3+ hours off, and we couldn't figure out how to correct the time. Several of the outlets did not work, and there was a hole in the wall where the handle of the front door went through.

Staff everywhere, especially at the very good breakfast, is exceptional. They made up for any shortcomings in the room.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank DrewUS
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been there few times, it is very nice hotel, go, visit, and enjoy! I have been at many other hotels and I assure embassy suite is one of the best. The service is indeed very satisfactory, the hotel design is very amazing and wonderful. The rooms used to be cleaned and wide to fit 2 adults and 3 kids.

1  Thank Ahmed H